Casa2G 100 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casa2G 100 build

We built a Casa2G oven in Snohomish County Washington. We had some small issues along the way but we worked through them. We're about to start curing the oven tomorrow. It's been a blast!

Re: Casa2G 100 build

Our custom trailer arrived and it was looking good.

Comment

Looking good!! Keep us all posted w/your progress. What type of issues did you have?
      My Build:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

we built a concrete base on the trailer.. And it was the wrong size so we had to modify that.. Measure twice theory!

Comment

Oven showed up boxed tight no damage or issues. So we got to work on the base of the oven. Set some rebar and poured some cement. It went as well as expected but we did measure wrong on the first pour and had to increase the size of the base.

Comment

Made sure everything fits correctly and put the high heat mortar on the dome. we were starting to get excited at this point.. Lots of fun!!1

Comment

spent a few days shopping for cooking supplies and stucco. If you have any questions about where to get supplies in seattle area please let me know.

Comment

Getting the oven ready for stucco at this point. Also went and picked up a clay chimney flute. Hard to find in this area! but, I got one. ... Now! to put on the Stucco Base!!!!

Comment

Applied the stucco base and let it dry over night.. Then we added the stucco finish.. Coming along nicely at this point!!!

Comment

Next we worked on selecting some tile for the base and the mantel. We also had to build a mantel or deck for the oven. Next up mortar and grout!

Comment

Finishing up the mortar and grout work!

Comment

Finished mortar & grout! looking at the front of the oven we realize the arch needs to be cut down a bit... oh well,

Comment

Looking good!!
                          My Build:
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

So we cut down the arch and decided to chisel out the stucco work down to the actual oven dome. Just a little bit of mortar here and there and we put the arch back into place permanently. Next we put stucco back into the gaps around the arch and voila!! looks nice to me.

Comment

Ok arch looks good! Now its time to clean the baby up and start the curing process.. This should be good!

Comment

Working...
                              X