No announcement yet.

Question about hearth and dome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot. I blew that! Okay, not the end of the world I guess. I will let the vermicrete rest for a while. Thank You so much!

Comment

No problem,
      Excluding a vapor barrier is not a critical mistake, Gravity, a little time, and some fire will take care of that. Putting one in where it should not be, takes a lot more time and a lot more fire. I and many others on the old site (I hope they come back to this one, soon!) love it when you explain what you are about to do. It is a lot easier giving advice than it is a bad critique .
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Yes, I am not a fan of this new website. I just got used to the old one. Thanks for all the advice. It is truly and gratefully appreciated. Cannot wait to start my dome!

Comment

Okay- I got the 4 inches of Vermicrete to finally harden up. It took a week. (Thanks, Joe) Cut the Cal sil board and layed out the fire brick. Everything is LEVEL! Going to cut the brick today for a 36 inch oven. Right now my firebricks for the opening are spaced at 24 inches wide and 15 inches deep. I know this is too wide for the opening.
          1) For a 36 inch oven, what is everyone's dimensions for the width and height of the oven opening?
          2) Half of 36 inches is 18 inches. I am assuming that will be the radius of the inside of my dome? ( My IT)

Thanks in Advance!
          Last edited by serlbacher; 08-13-2015, 06:25 AM. Reason: Another question. 3) I have noticed several ways to lay the first course of fire brick. Some are laying them directly on the hearth brick and some are laying them around the hearth brick directly on t

Comment

I built a 36" oven. My oven opening height is 11.25" at the highest point and I have a width of 18" where it meets the hearth/floor. Seems to work quite well for us.
            Last edited by NCMan; 08-13-2015, 12:41 PM.
            My Build:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
              X