• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brick Oven Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Bob View Post
      Still trying to figure out how to upload the full run of photos from start to finish. In the meantime here are the last five shots including the completed oven attached as thumbnails.

I am in the fifth day of curing and temps got to 600 degrees last nite with NO splits or cracks in ceiling yet. Soot in very top of dome starting to burn off. That oven really throws off some heat out front!

Jim Bob
      Now, that's a good looking fireplace!

Comment

dont know where to go with this question, but here it is... at the top of the home page there are the "newest photos". about a month ago there was a picture of a door that i printed and gave to my welder. he is currently building my door based in large part on that picture. is there a way that i can go back and find that picture again?

Comment

is there a way that i can go back and find that picture again?
          That's a good question. You can search back by category, but since "door" doesn't fit in any ready category, you'd have to look at several ones. It seems to me that there used to be a way to expand recent uploads beyond the five at the bottom of the photo gallery, but I don't see it now.

There's probably a way to constrain a google search to the FB photo gallery, but I can't think how to do that at the moment.

Edit:

I've figured out how to do that. Go to google images, and type in:

site:fornobravo.com brick oven door

You should get every door photo posted.
          Last edited by dmun; 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM. Reason: found further info.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

thanks, i did eventually find it in "finished ovens", but only by searching each catagory. New Years Eve we did about 15 pizzas, and at 10am New Years day the walls of my oven were still at 350F and the floor was at 280F. my welder is almost finished with my door and i am looking forward to being able to bake "the morning after"...

Comment

This is really the most helpful thread on this forum, because newbies like me who are just starting out on the research process need to see some gorgeous completed ovens to inspire us!
              Cooking, Tasting, Eating delicious traditional Pizza. The hungry house addict.

Comment

In Progress, but she's looking beautiful so far. We will have an Argentine style wood grill on the right.

Comment

What all do you have there? A sink, rost,(what), gas grill, WFO,(what) fire place,(what).

Comment

Here is where we are before the freezing weather stopped the project...
                    WFO, brick smoker, and between them, (will be an) open wood fired Tuscan grill.
                    Did make about 60 pies in the oven so far. What a JOY!
                    The build with some other food fare (a few epic fails as well)...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...brick-time.jpg

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...more-brick.jpg

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...q-project.html

Comment

good post.............................................. .

Comment

So ,only two pictures ? I am new here ,not sure if I am doing something wrong?

Comment

what do you thinks?

Comment

James - I noticed you have 3 of my photos that came form my oven build (10 years ago!) - attached is the finished product. Feel free to add it after the 3 you have on your new "other residential ovens" page.

Ciao, Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by christo View Post
                              Masonry heater association oven

http://mha-net.org/docs/v8n2/wildac06b.htm

This is a fun photo journal of a weekend oven project.

They talk about an oven light - castable refractory frame with a ceramic glass window with electric light behind it.

Anyone got one of those in their oven?

Christo
                              That was really cool! Thanks for posting that link! I would like to have seen the light finished, with ceramic glass and all. And how do they get to it to change it?

(Whoops, really old thread!)
                              TravisNTexas

Comment

I finished my oven this week after a 2 month push. I call her "Frachesca" and she cooks fabulous!

Comment

Working...
                                X