X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fornax hominus
    replied
    2008 build , 36” Pompeii , iron work by Lydia Vanderstaal, 800+lbs of coffee roasted , hundreds of leaves of bread and no soot on the arch ..viva chimney!

Leave a comment:

• Tedkitz
    replied
    Here's some more pics of my build.

Leave a comment:

• Tedkitz
    replied
    I finished my oven this week after a 2 month push. I call her "Frachesca" and she cooks fabulous!

Leave a comment:

• staestc
    replied
    Originally posted by christo View Post
    Masonry heater association oven

http://mha-net.org/docs/v8n2/wildac06b.htm

This is a fun photo journal of a weekend oven project.

They talk about an oven light - castable refractory frame with a ceramic glass window with electric light behind it.

Anyone got one of those in their oven?

Christo
    That was really cool! Thanks for posting that link! I would like to have seen the light finished, with ceramic glass and all. And how do they get to it to change it?

(Whoops, really old thread!)

Leave a comment:

• Pizza Stan
    replied
    James - I noticed you have 3 of my photos that came form my oven build (10 years ago!) - attached is the finished product. Feel free to add it after the 3 you have on your new "other residential ovens" page.

Ciao, Stanley

Leave a comment:

• Aeron
    replied
    Re: Brick Oven Photos

what do you thinks?

Leave a comment:

• BGEMike
    replied

So ,only two pictures ? I am new here ,not sure if I am doing something wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Foodbeverage
    replied

good post.............................................. .

Leave a comment:

• Mel's Italian
    replied

Here is where we are before the freezing weather stopped the project...
    WFO, brick smoker, and between them, (will be an) open wood fired Tuscan grill.
    Did make about 60 pies in the oven so far. What a JOY!
    The build with some other food fare (a few epic fails as well)...

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...brick-time.jpg

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...more-brick.jpg

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...q-project.html

Leave a comment:

• Laurentius
    replied

What all do you have there? A sink, rost,(what), gas grill, WFO,(what) fire place,(what).

Leave a comment:

• Scorch
    replied

In Progress, but she's looking beautiful so far. We will have an Argentine style wood grill on the right.

Leave a comment:

• Carrywright
    replied

This is really the most helpful thread on this forum, because newbies like me who are just starting out on the research process need to see some gorgeous completed ovens to inspire us!

Leave a comment:

• stonylake
    replied

thanks, i did eventually find it in "finished ovens", but only by searching each catagory. New Years Eve we did about 15 pizzas, and at 10am New Years day the walls of my oven were still at 350F and the floor was at 280F. my welder is almost finished with my door and i am looking forward to being able to bake "the morning after"...

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

is there a way that i can go back and find that picture again?
    That's a good question. You can search back by category, but since "door" doesn't fit in any ready category, you'd have to look at several ones. It seems to me that there used to be a way to expand recent uploads beyond the five at the bottom of the photo gallery, but I don't see it now.

There's probably a way to constrain a google search to the FB photo gallery, but I can't think how to do that at the moment.

Edit:

I've figured out how to do that. Go to google images, and type in:

site:fornobravo.com brick oven door

You should get every door photo posted.
    Last edited by dmun; 12-30-2010, 05:10 PM. Reason: found further info.

Leave a comment:

• stonylake
    replied

dont know where to go with this question, but here it is... at the top of the home page there are the "newest photos". about a month ago there was a picture of a door that i printed and gave to my welder. he is currently building my door based in large part on that picture. is there a way that i can go back and find that picture again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X