Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of the restaurant/bakery oven

Hey all!
    Thought I would post a couple picks of the start of the oven build at our restaurant/bakery. Have not gotten very far yet...just a couple of short block walls but...next week concrete...have to do a 23' by 8' piece of sidewalk at the same time so I have to wait for the demolition of that before the concrete comes!
    Wish me luck!
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: Start of the restaurant/bakery oven

I'd rather be lucky than good, so Good Luck Dutch.

I heard a myth that the more pictures you post on FB, the less cracks you have.
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Hmm.
      Min 10 characters eh.
      Hmmm.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of the newly scraped sanded and stained front of our building...last research indicates that the building dates back to around 1869...still waiting for the demolition of the sidewalk before the concrete comes unfortunately
        Sheetrock going up inside and soon to have air conditioning...I hope
        Best
        Dutch
        "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
        "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Very exciting!
          My Oven Thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

It was a tremendous amount of work...those windows above were painted over from both sides...outer side had about 4 coats of paint...used a chemical stripper on the windows...great when you are on a ladder by the way...then a heat gun and angle grinder on the woodwork...another cool thing...in the plaster upstairs a young boy scratched his name and the date...1911...trying to preserve it is going to be touchy...other places people wrote their names in like a management tree...maybe had meetings there
            Best
            Dutch

Comment

Here is what it looked like before

Comment

Just a few more pics of the latest progress...new concrete sidewalk and poured both the base slab and hearth slab...soon for the insulation and oven
                Best to all
                Dutch

Comment

Good for you!
                  I hope it all works out.

It looks good so far.

Dave
                  My thread:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
                  My costs:
                  http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
                  My pics:
                  http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

A new oven and a new restaurant - very exciting!
                    I like the building and am looking forward to seeing how things progress.
                    Good luck!

Sarah

Comment

Is it a new restaurant/bakery business? What's the theme? What types of baking are you planning?

looks like fun!....
                      Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Hi everyone!
                        Yeah, it's is definitely new. Our own concept entirely revolving around the brick oven. We'll do varying types of daily bread(the stuff we currently take to farmer's market)at the outset and pizza ,salads and a daily lunch. The daily lunch dishes and stuff will get a quick shot in the brick oven to reheat and then off to the table. We have a local community theater next door that does about 6 productions a year and we will certainly do something special each time to go along with them. The theme is defintely Tuscan, we are texturing the walls and are considering shot peening the existing concrete floor and then possibly staining it to resemble cobblestone street but that is still up in the air. I'll have to post more photos of the interior as I get time. We have done nearly all the work on the almost year long renovation(with the exception of plumbing and HVAC). The builiding was built circa 1870 and from what we have found it was the original post office for our town. The postmaster had living quarters in the upstairs.
                        Thanks for the kind words, they are very encouraging.

Comment

Dutch,

Looks and sounds great! I'd eat at a place like that weekly!

Best of luck.
                          Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                          My oven build thread

Comment

Hmmmm ... might just have to make my way to Mississippi once it's up & running!
                            Sounds wonderful!!

Comment

That's great Dutch! What town are you in?

....you gotta watch where these damn ovens will lead you
                              Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Working...
                              X