Brick oven completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick oven completed

I built this 2 years ago and have many a good meal , pizza cooks approx 1 minute on up depending on temperature , used ceramic insulation around dome and undernearth hearth , wish I'd put a temp gauge on but never got round to it , top is thin copper cut into shingles , I have a Waterjet machine so it helps , most of my research was done on this website so I figured I would share additionally the tops are poured concrete with black dye , the concrete did crack a little around BBQ to me it adds to aging , decorative tile is slate from Home Depot and yes I cut all those small squares , but was worth it , hope you enjoy .

Terrazzo,

That is a fine! looking oven. The cut tile, the curved enclosure, the conical roof, the copper singles (all together), make for a "one of a kind" oven . And, I'm jealous of all of the extra space that you have in the area. Beautiful Job!

Also: Can I ask what is in the entry?
    Last edited by Gulf; 02-12-2016, 05:59 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Below the oven is purely decorative and a place to store wood , above was a poured concrete slab with ceramic insulatin board atop that was fire brick , a dome oven made out of fire brick also encapsulated with ceramic insulation thanks

Comment

WOW that is a work of art deffo the best I have seen to date .Loving the copper shingles and the curved tower you have encapsulated the oven in. Now I have seen the concrete tops it has me thinking could I do that ?. well we will see as I was going to use tiles.

Comment

Working...
        X