New Sydney Sandstone and Brick Dome Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sydney Sandstone and Brick Dome Oven

Thought I'd start posting up some progress photos of my new oven and base. Oven is going in this weekend (fingers crossed) so will get the ball rolling with the base and post up the pics of the brick oven post the weekend.

I have to say that your progress in the pictures sets your build apart from the the rest of us. Your build uses finished blocks in a way that makes a finish facade unnecessary! Very unique in the way you have done it. Well done
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Thanks Lee.
      Yes - I did think long and hard on the best way to take full advantage of the stone blocks and came up with the internal slab idea rather than the slab sitting on top. Something a little different I guess ;-)

Cheers,
      Tim

Comment

I agree I like the approach you are taking. Very unique and saves a few steps. Good luck on your build. My build is very similar to yours. I also did a 40" corner build. I really like the set up. I can't wait to see the rest of your build.

Randy

Comment

Thanks Randy. Will certainly keep you posted on progress.

Cheers,
          Tim

Comment

Any progress? I wish I´d seen those pics before I started building my base, that looks really good!

Comment

Sorry guys,

got carried away making pizzas ;-)

Here's some progress pics and the finished oven. Still got to finish the surrounds and do some landscaping but the pizzas are awesome!!

Cheers,
              Tim

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice outside brick work. Suspect inside dome looks as good.
                        Russell
                        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Here's some better pics of the final dome and oven getting a workout...

Comment

Comment

Hi tim what size was your oven stand as I'm looking at building this size as well in a corner. Also what plans did you follow? Looks great btw

Comment

Working...
                              X