Under way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under way

Further to my introductory post I am now well under way to building my own pizza oven.
    I initially wanted to build a 40" oven but space constraints mean that it's now going to be 36". I'm building (or have built a brick barbecue beside it).
    Below are the pics if what I have done so far.
    Started it all last Saturday, 10th June.

1 Took out 5 tonne of soil to flatten the area. It was a veg patch but wasn't used enough. I hired a digger to get it out quickly. Straight into my pickup and delivery to a guy from Gumtree (UK's equivalent of Craigslist) who needed it for his garden. Good deed done.

2 100mm hard core down and about to be compacted. Also putting in timber stopends for the concrete.

3 Putting in the concrete and reinforcing.

4 Concrete done. Needs a tidy up. Rain has died down a bit from the weekend allowing the wet trades work to start.

5 Commencing the block work.

6 Setting out the brick bbq. I wanted to make it look substantial against the huge oven taking shape as well as possibly taking bbq to full height and enclosed chimney some time in the future.

7 Bbq built between last night and today. Lintel also put into the opening for the oven. Been a busy week and pleased with how it's going so far.

Edit: can't seem to post pics. All I get is a screen box saying "...unable to post as content doesn't relate to filename".
    Anyone have a workaround?
    Last edited by Indy; 06-17-2017, 03:28 PM.

What is the exact file name of one of your pics? Are you uploading from your phone, computer, or are you using an off site photo service?
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

i use attachments. then if you want you can embed them into text in larger form
      Anton.

My 36" - https://community.fornobravo.com/for...t-bg-build-log

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        What is the exact file name of one of your pics? Are you uploading from your phone, computer, or are you using an off site photo service?
        Hi Gulf,

they are .jpg files and are 5-6 MB each file.
        I posted a pic in Introductions ok but unable to do so now. I'm using my phone.

Comment

I'm not sure. Someone else recently had this same issue I believe. I'm not sure what they found out, but I remember them posting that they found a fix. Try doing a file save as with one pic changing it to jpg or jpeg. It may be the (. ) in front of the jpg that is the problem.

EDIT: Here is a link to an older discussion on the photo uploading issues.
          Last edited by Gulf; 06-18-2017, 05:30 AM.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

At one time, just going by memory, the limit of the "total" picture size was limited to about 1 meg or abt 5 meg total per post or 5 attachments. I do not know if this has changed or not. Some members had to reduce the size of the jpeg files to so they could be attached. Since you pics ar 5-6 meg each, try reducing the pic size on one and posting.
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

ok, so I reduced the size of the file and it seems to work. Thanks to Utahbeehiver for that. Now for the rest.

Comment

Comment

Finally got the hang of this. Explanation of pics in previous post.

Now the concrete hearth is done and brickwork to the shelf beside it complete. The formwork went pretty easily, meaning I could pour the hearth yesterday afternoon.

From worrying about rain to a sunny temperature of 26 oC (79 oF). Polythene onto the concrete today to help it cure, a tidy up and leave it for a week while we're away in Berlin for a wee holiday.

I'll get started on the dome when I get back. All going well so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X