No announcement yet.

Joe's Pizza Oven Build

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's Pizza Oven Build

Thanks FB members for all your tips, photos, and videos. They were very helpful. Mine took seven months, but had a few months of delay. It was worth every hour and every dime though. I'll check in periodically so if anyone has questions or comments, fire away.

Joe,

That's a very nice oven. I went through the video twice. It looks like you did your your homework. I love the finish. Is that cracked ceramic tile? Great job!
    joe watson

"A year from now, you will wish that you had started today "

My Build
    My Picasa Web Album

Comment

Thanks Joe W. Your oven is incredible too, one of he best I've seen. Yes, it's cracked tile. I was gong to purchase the mosaic tile from on of the local box stores, but they sell for $10 and up per sq ft. We used one of the cheapest tiles they had at less than $1 per sq ft. Needed 45 sq ft so the savings was substantial. Plus, it was interestingly satisfying to break the tile like that.

Comment

I love the cracked tile. It takes time and skill to put the puzzle back together. On top of that, making it conform to the dome! I also love cheaper .
        joe watson

"A year from now, you will wish that you had started today "

My Build
        My Picasa Web Album

Comment

Nice work. It's called "trencadis" and pioneered by one of my heros Antonio Gaudi.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Great job and video, Joe! I like the fact that you have several good views of the smoke hood/collection chamber and chimney connection. Seems like that concept is always coming up with the new build and it will be nice to direct folks to your video in the future to let them see this process. Thank you for making the video and posting the link here for us to enjoy!

Did you use one of the paint-on bathroom waterproof sealers (the green coat just under the trencadis) before/during/after curing the oven? Redgard sealer has been recommended several times in the forum and I assume this is just another brand...?
            Last edited by SableSprings; 09-27-2017, 09:25 AM.
            Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
            Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
            Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
            Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks Mike, and yes I put the sealer on after I did the first fire.

Comment

Working...
              X