New Vesuvio 80: Loving it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vesuvio 80: Loving it

A long build (or that's what if felt like ... 8 weeks), a big project to unload and put in place, but it's as advertised. Impressed with the look and quality.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BoDiMuccio; 11-19-2018, 05:59 AM.

hello! Looks great, thank you for sharing! We are looking at the Vesuvio 80, but we are curious about the space inside. Can you tell me if there is room to put a turkey in (18-20 pounds).? Can you tell me if there is a concrete slab under the brick ? Thanks so much.

Comment

That stand should have much larger plates under each leg. In fact it appears that the bricks under it have already sunk slightly so it’s doubtful there’s substantial concrete under them.
      I’ve just finished building a Vesuvius 160 (twice that internal diameter) and although they’re good ovens, it did not come with assembly instructions for that model, so figuring out and reassembling the eleven letter coded castings was not easy as most of them were a three man lift into a corner build. It’s supporting slab and steel stand alone weighed 1000 kg alone with a further 1000kg for the oven.
      Last edited by david s; 03-15-2022, 09:33 PM.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hey Lozanoe , just a heads up - BoDiMuccio has not been on the forum since Feb 2019, so odds are he isn't going to be answering your question.
        My build thread
        https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          That stand should have much larger plates under each leg. In fact it appears that the bricks under it have already sunk slightly so it’s doubtful there’s substantial concrete under them.
          I’ve just finished building a Vesuvius 160 (twice that internal diameter) and although they’re good ovens, it did not come with assembly instructions for that model, so figuring out and reassembling the eleven letter coded castings was not easy as most of them were a three man lift into a corner build. It’s supporting slab and steel stand alone weighed 1000 kg alone with a further 1000kg for the oven.
          Thanks for the heads up. There's been no sinking whatsoever under the oven legs. Plus we moved it. The brick patio has a thick concrete base under it. It seems to support the oven just fine. I had an engineer friend of mine do the math on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lozanoe View Post
            hello! Looks great, thank you for sharing! We are looking at the Vesuvio 80, but we are curious about the space inside. Can you tell me if there is room to put a turkey in (18-20 pounds).? Can you tell me if there is a concrete slab under the brick ? Thanks so much.
            Hi. I don't see why there wouldn't be space to put a turkey inside the oven. That said, after 4 years of using and loving this oven, I almost always wish I had gotten a bigger one. If you're going to get a Vesuvio, I'd recommend getting the biggest one you can afford and/or have space for. Definitely don't get one any smaller than this one!!

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
              Hey Lozanoe , just a heads up - BoDiMuccio has not been on the forum since Feb 2019, so odds are he isn't going to be answering your question.
              Thanks. It's a good reminder to check this forum more frequently, eh?

Comment

Glad you are still with us!
                My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by BoDiMuccio View Post

Thanks for the heads up. There's been no sinking whatsoever under the oven legs. Plus we moved it. The brick patio has a thick concrete base under it. It seems to support the oven just fine. I had an engineer friend of mine do the math on it.
                  OK, apologies, my error. It appeared to me that there was some movement in the front right brick.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thank you all, especially BoDiMuccio, David S, and JRPizza! The feedback has been very helpful. Would love a bigger size, glad to know the Vesuvio 80 should work. We are going to attempt to do the slab ourselves, fingers crossed. BoDiMuccio, we are really thankful you checked the site . If you are able, would you mind sharing the measurements of your slab? Is it 5'x7' ?

Comment

Lozanoe, you might want to check the width and height of the opening too to make sure you can fit in any of your favorite baking pans or pots. Just because a turkey can fit inside does not mean you can get it through the door
                      My build thread

Comment

In the UK the average garden pizza oven seems to be much smaller that those chosen in America, 30” - 32” I would say is the most popular (just a guess)
                        You can most certainly fit a big turkey inside a 32” oven but the governing factor will be the door opening size.

Comment

Originally posted by Lozanoe View Post
                          Thank you all, especially BoDiMuccio, David S, and JRPizza! The feedback has been very helpful. Would love a bigger size, glad to know the Vesuvio 80 should work. We are going to attempt to do the slab ourselves, fingers crossed. BoDiMuccio, we are really thankful you checked the site . If you are able, would you mind sharing the measurements of your slab? Is it 5'x7' ?
                          The oven is not on a slab, but on a 16 X 20 brick patio that has a 4 inch concrete footer underneath it.

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
                            Lozanoe, you might want to check the width and height of the opening too to make sure you can fit in any of your favorite baking pans or pots. Just because a turkey can fit inside does not mean you can get it through the door
                            Agreed. Of course things need to fit through the door. However, I'd say that although this oven can be pretty versatile, it's first and foremost a pizza oven Not sure I'd make go/no go decisions based on whether it can fit a large turkey or not. But that's obviously up to the individual.

Comment

Thank you for all the very helpful recommendations and thoughts JRPizza and BoDiMuccio !

Comment

Working...
                              X