No announcement yet.

my neapolitan style oven in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm unfortunately I cant really find a store to buy this stuff in for me reasonably small amounts. What is your opinion on using a stainless metal web like this instead? It's still quite thin so the expansion should be alright or not? Especially when I use it on the outer front side and not directly where the hot air passes by.

Comment

or I just throw some of those in the mortar...

Comment

On rereading your thread I notice that you are building a brick oven. The stainless needles are used in a castable mix for a cast oven rather than a brick oven. Consequently you don’t need them. Certainly do not add any to the mortar between your bricks.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

alright, that makes it easier. Thanks for rereading ;-)

I came pretty far with the vent last weekend:

Comment

so this is the oven in still ugly but working condition during one of the first curing fires. Tonight I'm going to bake the first pizzas.
            Only thing I'm pretty worried about is that I got not so small cracks in the percrete on top at the metal piece of the chimney and on the sides of the chimney opening above the door.
            I think I will have to remove some bigger pieces of the perlcrete, put some wire mat/grill around the chimney opening and attach it with refractory mortar on the left and right side so that its more fixed to the mass of the oven...

Comment

here a picture of the aforementioned crack. I want to use the flex us make it a bit wider and then fill it with refractory mortar

Comment

Working...
              X