Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hansen Horno

Hi Darin,

I am ready to mount the chimney anchor plate. I plan on following your technique with tapcon screws. What size did you use? I assume the insulation is to allow for expansion and prevent the hot plate from fracturing the brick base. How is it holding up? Would the screws heat up and potentially fracturing the brick chimney base? My other option is to use the technique Dino did. Looking for your advise.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Hey Dan, sorry for the delay. The chimney plate was holding up fine at the time I sealed it all up. No cracks there. I was following someone else's lead when I installed it, and I haven't heard of anyone else having any problems with that method. I'm sorry I can't recall the screw size....
      Picasa web album
      Oven-building thread

Comment

FWIW, here's the latest "state" of my oven. It still needs a final coat of stucco, but I made a rather rustic outer door and decided to go without a door for the wood storage area, at least for the time being (I'll see how it does over the winter). Now that light wood trim under the roof is bothering me; I need to make that darker.
        Picasa web album
        Oven-building thread

Comment

Wow, I love the oven door! The whole thing looks absolutely amazing. I'm impressed that you're actually using the wood storage; I can't be bothered to haul more than a fire's worth from the wood pile at a time. ;-)
          Nikki

Comment

hey, Daren, Great to hear from you!

The oven looks great! The door really ties everything in nicely? Is it insulated in any fashion? Can you use it in on the hot oven, or will it burn up? Again, looks great!
            Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
            My oven build thread

Comment

Thanks! The door is solid 2" lumber, no insulation. It's just for the exterior arch so hopefully it won't get too hot, as long as I keep the inner door on.
              Picasa web album
              Oven-building thread

Comment

db I am in Green Bay starting an oven. Question...were did you get your fireclay?. seems to be a mysterious substance in Green Bay.

Comment

Hi Hummer,
                  I got a 50# sack of HeatStop 50 through County Materials in Appleton. They had to special order it, so shipping was costly. There were few other choices short of driving to Chicago. I would suggest contacting some of the WI dealers to see what they have. There may be more sources now compared to when I was looking. Good luck!
                  Daren
                  Picasa web album
                  Oven-building thread

Comment

Thanks Daren I'am on it.

Comment

I finally wired in my lights, darkened the wood trim, and painted the soffits. Every year, it's a little closer to being done!
                      Picasa web album
                      Oven-building thread

Comment

I love you design. Simple, Elegant looking. How did you do the concrete on the counter?.

Comment

The lights look great and I know what you mean about getting a little closer each year. I finally finished all the roof components...counter needs to get done and then some stonework

Peter
                          Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Originally posted by HummerGB View Post
                            How did you do the concrete on the counter?.
                            I had a local guy do it for me. Click here for few pictures at the time of installation.
                            Picasa web album
                            Oven-building thread

Comment

Wow....that is impressive. Makes mine look like junk.
                              WCD

My slow journey to pizza.
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ing-12769.html

Comment

Daren,

That looks great! The wood trim and lighting are really sharp! I hope your having time to enjoy it!
                                Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                                My oven build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X