Buddy's build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy's build

I have finally finished my 42" build in American Fork Utah. While I did get some slave labor in the form of generally unwilling children and a helpful spouse, I did the vast majority of it myself. Hopefully I will post more dialog with specifics of what I've done. For now, enjoy.

A special callout to UtahBeehiver who was generous with his time on this weekend project that turned into a 3 year ordeal...
    Attached Files

Congrats! I particularly like the curve of your dome. This must have been an adjustable IT.
    also yay for the stainless steel entrance (me too). Curious to learn how you connected it to the oven and dealt with isolation & waterproofing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kvanbael View Post
      Congrats! I particularly like the curve of your dome. This must have been an adjustable IT.
      also yay for the stainless steel entrance (me too). Curious to learn how you connected it to the oven and dealt with isolation & waterproofing.
      It was a full dome not adjustable, it must look flatter from the photos. Connecting the hood was a challenge, I used concrete screws with high heat epoxy. We shall see how long that lasts. I was surprised how well the chimney connecting collar turned out.

Comment

Your build's looking great Buddy!
        Kind regards,
        Mark
        My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
        My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Originally posted by csmeutah View Post

It was a full dome not adjustable, it must look flatter from the photos. Connecting the hood was a challenge, I used concrete screws with high heat epoxy. We shall see how long that lasts. I was surprised how well the chimney connecting collar turned out.
          Solid oven!

I'm actually working on a very similar concept as you for the flue gallery. As far as I can see in the picture from the shadows, you have open sides?

How well would you say this works with the draw/smoke? I'm worried about problems here and can't decide if I should go for it or have a connected tunnel.

​​​​

Comment

Just placed the chimney, haven't fired it with the chimney yet but plan to this week and will let you know. When I asked the forum originally the response was that the early versions didn't have a chimney. I just want the smoke to have a place to go where it now blows everywhere, I wasn't counting on a huge draw; I use a heat gun with a tube to get the fire roaring. I will post up a video at some point.

Comment

This is a side view of the oven with the hood, it is closed/contained all around. But the sides are open.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by csmeutah; 06-08-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

We cooked some 'Za last night and I did get a little smoke out the side as the wind blew things around but only when starting the fire. I can live with that, the tunnel entrance seems too confining to me; I don't like wrestling with the door and I like to position the heat-gun pipe extension at an angle to get the fire roaring.

Comment

Working...
                X