Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside kitchen with a pizza oven

Hello builders,
    i am building an garden kitchen with a pizza oven.
    Some photo’s here to let you see the progress.
    let me know what you think!

Comment

Is the dome wall sitting on the concrete hearth or the fire brick floor. Ideally the dome walls should be isolated from the concrete hearth. If sitting on the concrete hearth, the hearth will act as a heat sink. But it is what it is since the dome is done. You may want to consider drilling a couple weep holes from the bottom of the hearth to the CaSi board. Since the board and floor are recess any water will migrate to this area with no way out. Wet insulation is one of the most common issues with floors not heating up.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
        Is the dome wall sitting on the concrete hearth or the fire brick floor. Ideally the dome walls should be isolated from the concrete hearth. If sitting on the concrete hearth, the hearth will act as a heat sink. But it is what it is since the dome is done. You may want to consider drilling a couple weep holes from the bottom of the hearth to the CaSi board. Since the board and floor are recess any water will migrate to this area with no way out. Wet insulation is one of the most common issues with floors not heating up.
        Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my work.
        The dome is halfway on the concrete, i made a miscalculation there.
        there is one hole in the bottom of the hearth. It is for a chimney from a wood stove. I hope that this hole will be big enough to drain any water.

Comment

Comment

Nice progress.
            I am planning to build similar L shape outdoor kitchen with pizza oven. Would you mind sharing some measurements like the oven internal and external diameter of the dome and oven or counter top dimensions?

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!

I did something similar with concrete blocks because in Houston it’s to humid for anything else. Also L shaped.

Comment

I did a very similar set-up but after it was done and we were using it, the counter space was not nearly big enough. That’s been my experience. Click image for larger version  Name:	47A72560-12A0-42F8-866C-4A19135ABB72.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	121.1 KB ID:	441383 Click image for larger version

Name:	25BAC298-7110-4EE7-B71D-C4A90134B61D.jpeg
Views:	719
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	441384
                My newbie build thread: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ie-ready-to-go

Comment

Originally posted by gvegasg View Post
                  Nice progress.
                  I am planning to build similar L shape outdoor kitchen with pizza oven. Would you mind sharing some measurements like the oven internal and external diameter of the dome and oven or counter top dimensions?
                  Sure, what would you like to know?

Comment

Here is some recent progress.
                    I will be having a little delay due to a knee injury.

Comment

Working...
                    X