It can be done! Combined Fireplace, Pizza Oven, Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can be done! Combined Fireplace, Pizza Oven, Smoker

My wife and I were determined to combine our pizza oven and fireplace. We found only one other person, in Japan, who was successful in making this combination. We spent time researching and planning the logistics and it works perfectly! As an added bonus, we can use our pizza oven as a smoker as well when we’re running the fireplace. We successfully smoked our Thanksgiving turkey this year. We are thrilled with our accomplishment.

Welcome to the forum community! We have had several builds that have incorporated a separate firebox for a smoking option in the WFO but we're always interested in new & improved designs. We'd all enjoy seeing your combo design pictures and reading about your building process if you'd be willing to share.

Again, welcome & hope to see you add your story and WFO/smoker/fireplace design to the forum.
    Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
    Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
    Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
    Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Only bragging and no sharing… you can do better M&M. ;-)

Comment

Hi M&M,

+1 on welcome to the forum. I too would welcome a peak at this design. Like Mike said, we have had others to build combos. But, we haven't really gotten a lot of feed back on just how well they perform.
        Last edited by Gulf; 12-01-2021, 06:21 PM.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I've seen a number of those type builds online and they seem to work quite well, by what the owners say. It's what I want to do if/when I ever get around to having the time to start mine. I have limited space and we really want both the fireplace and an oven. A smoker would be a welcome bonus. Love to see some photos, also.
          My Build:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

This solution has been around for several centuries, with the oven sharing the same chimney with the fireplace. Many European castles had ovens sharing the kitchen fireplace chimney. The second one, on a smaller scale, is from a 400 year old villa in Penzano, Italy. Note the stairs leading to rooms upstairs which are heated by the chimney.

Click image for larger version  Name:	chinon castle.JPG Views:	0 Size:	848.3 KB ID:	443500 Click image for larger version  Name:	Penzano oven detail.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	443501 Click image for larger version  Name:	Penzano oven.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	443502
            Last edited by david s; 12-05-2021, 03:46 PM.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X