X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mfiore
    replied
    Re: Michigan WFO

I was struggling with the insulation board for quite a while. Finally threw in the towel and purchased the FB board, which should arrive this week. I considered the K PAC-15, which was much cheaper, but decided to support Forno Bravo in return for the great forum provided for us.

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    replied
    Re: Michigan WFO

I have 115 fire brick that I picked up locally (cleaned them out). I wasn't terribly happy with the quality - a lot of chips and scratches. I didn't have many options, however. I even drove 90 miles to Detroit to look at a few places. No better.

Here is my floor laid out and cut. I haven't decided how to position the soldier course yet (different mock setups in the photo).

Leave a comment:

• mfiore
    started a topic Michigan WFO

Michigan WFO

Greetings! I guess it's time for my own WFO thread.

For those that haven't followed my foundation/stand build, I should point out that this will not be one of those ovens that seem to pop up over night.

It's taking me a lot longer to get to where I am than I ever imagined. I have zero construction experience prior to this. The largest share of my delays, however, can be attributed to being the happy father of 3 small boys. Perhaps starting this project with a 2 month old at home wasn't' the best idea I've had.

For my build to date, feel free to see my foundation/stand thread
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/begins-3819.html

I started with a 48 inch deep (perhaps over-engineered) foundation to withstand Michigan winters.

My hearth stand is 'H' shaped, with an opening in front and back to allow for two smaller wood storage units.

The hearth is poured, the forms pulled, and I'm ready to build!

So far, I've found the concrete and block work to be very enjoyable. Somehow makes me feel closer to my Italian heritage!
Working...
X