Cornwall Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornwall Oven

I received this nice-looking photo in the email today, and I thought there were a couple of nice things to point out. The oven is in Cornwall, UK and it's working perfectly.

First, I really like the roof design, with two gables, and the indented roof line over the vent and chimney section of the oven. It's a really nice effect and it breaks up the monolithic roof. Excellent.

I also like the chimney. Great choice.

But what I really wanted to do was poke fun at English weather. Did you notice that both sections of the roof have gutters and functioning downspouts. Necessity is the mother of invention, and it looks great. Besides, you have to do something with all that rain. :-)

Great oven,
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Cornwall Oven

Thanks James, it really is just a fantastic oven! And thank you for posting it!

Yeah, it is wet there, most of the time I know!

Travis
    TravisNTexas

Comment

Originally posted by staestc View Post
      Thanks James, it really is just a fantastic oven! And thank you for posting it!

Yeah, it is wet there, most of the time I know!

Travis
      Hey, I know Cornwall reasonably well (my origins are there)... and yes, it can be the most lovely warm and sunny places to be, or... yes, just plain horrid!

That's a cute little oven, innit? I tell you, whatever the weather, I'd be happy standing at the oven feeding it logs.

Great photo, whoever's it is.

P de D

Comment

James, what you well done!
        You have created not the wood oven, and sensation of a fairy tale.
        In such furnace all should prepare simply perfectly well
        Thanks for your experience and work. To me is on whom to be equaled.
        Yours faithfully, Alexander.
        p.s. Forgive me my English, I translate the electronic translator.

Comment

Working...
        X