X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les
    replied
    Re: I've finally started our oven in Costa Rica

Carlos - I trust everything OK? You guy's got quite the jolt. Keep us posted if possible.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Originally posted by n2iko View Post
    How about a "C" - All of the above.
    C is a given...

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Carlos,
    I really like the shape of your opening. Curved sides instead of the standard straight sides with the arch on top. This is going to be cool!

Leave a comment:

• n2iko
    replied

Originally posted by Archena View Post
    Taking a poll: which are we more jealous of - that he's actually building an oven in an already mostly complete outdoor kitchen or that he's doing it in Costa Rica?

Sorry, saw Les' comments earlier and couldn't resist....

How about a "C" - All of the above.

Leave a comment:

• Archena
    replied

Taking a poll: which are we more jealous of - that he's actually building an oven in an already mostly complete outdoor kitchen or that he's doing it in Costa Rica?

Sorry, saw Les' comments earlier and couldn't resist....

Leave a comment:

• carloswlkr
    replied

Sounds good. I'll post any additional questions here and use this thread from here on out.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Carlos, again this is just my opinion. Start one thread of your build as it evolves. It will keep us focused on your specific questions in order of your build. It can be specific as "Carlos' build, or "The dude in paradise" - your call.

Les...

Leave a comment:

• carloswlkr
    replied

Thanks Ken! I finished the third chain tonight. Here are a few more pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Ken524
    replied

Hi Carlos!

Outstanding start. Keep us up-to-date with more pics!

Leave a comment:

• carloswlkr
    started a topic I've finally started our oven in Costa Rica

I've finally started our oven in Costa Rica

After many years of dreaming, my wife and I had a 'ranchito' (outdoor kitchen and living room) built here in Costa Rica. We included space for a brick oven and BBQ pit, which I wanted to build myself. We've been enjoying the ranchito now for a year and a half, but it wasn't until January 1 that I finally started building my oven.

We'll have a 44" internal diameter dome. After a few posts and replies from a couple of years ago, I decided to go with tapered fire bricks which our local foundry sells for the same price as the normal 4 1/2 x 9" ones.

Anyway, here are the first pictures. I'm off to the house now to cut some more bricks for the opening, and lay another chain!
Working...
X