Forno Montagna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forno Montagna

9th course in. Took the day off today, tried to get 2 more in but the rain came down. Need more better weather and I may finish before the snow. I built a few frames to cover it so I am ready if I have to close it up for a while. So close.

Comment

a few more photos

Comment

break in the weather and 10th course is complete, 11 going up today!

Comment

Great work. You've done an extraordinary job.
          Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

I love the way your project is progressing. Beautiful setting too!
            George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Thanks!!! 11th course is in. 12 and cork today I hope! Then order anchor plate and finish the top of vent. Can I start curing without the chimney pipe?

Comment

more photos of 11th course.

Comment

and some more... not a bad shape considering I have only used the "eyecrometer"

Dan

Comment

Can I start curing without the chimney pipe?
                    you can cover it and put in a small elec. heater, halogen work lights or a couple regular light bulbs,,, Dont star using "fire" yet.. Dont rush the cure...

Overall nice build... The EYECROMETER is a fantastic and usefull tool, Im blind in one eye, so my eyecrometer is a little off, but still works pretty well..

cheers and Nice Job
                    Mark

Comment

Dan.....Your eyecrometer is calibrated very well! I don't think I can trust my eyecrometer.
                      George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

That's just excellent work. Don't rush the cure. You need patience now more than ever.
                        Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Thanks All, Mark, one eyecrometer is better than none! Damn near closed the dome tonight, had to celebrate with a glass of vino non the less. I can taste it now... I know you completed builders know. I am overwhelmed with pride for this damn chunk of brick and mortar and so very thankful for all of you for the inspiration and support. Dan

Comment

Dan,,,
                            I remember that pride everytime I pull a pizza out of the oven,, What you are finishing now is just the beginning of a whole new world of cooking... (never thought I would say that(gag)) go take a look at the pulled pork post i did today... best stuff I ever made..
                            and im damn proud...

Cheers and congrats
                            Mark

P.S. Your dome looks great

Comment

Mark, I will have to "gag" with you! That is the reason I am in this. This is a journey into a whole new world. We love cooking, and this project will only FUEL our passion. I love the feedback from friends who can not understand this yet... they will understand very soon.. this is only the beginning. One friend shared a trip to Morocco, where they noticed that several villages had a communal WFO. They kept it going all the time and everyone came to cook. That makes me happy. I plan to have the neighbor some and cook bread and more whenever they like. Wow, this is so cool.

Comment

DOME CLOSURE!!! Starting the vent/chimney support today. Several have told me to cut the flange metal that sticks out underneath the anchor plate and I want to understand why. Also, I did not buy it yet, but the double wall insulated chimney pipe is quite heavy and eventually I will need two 3' sections to go beyond the height of the pergola. I hope my construction is strong enough or I may have to build up around the arch walls. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X