X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alter ego
    replied
    Re: Another Aussie Oven

During the week I dug a trench across the back yard to take power to the WFO (to add lighting around the decking & for the WFO)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Base Slab Ready to pour.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	276887
    Ready to pour.

My 16yr old son, Tim helped mix & pour the concrete. The last concreting job he helped me with we mixed by hand. He is impressed with the technology of a cement mixer!

Name:	Pouring in Progress.JPG
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	276888
    Tim in action.

Tomorrow morning I will co and get the concrete blocks to start the build.

Name:	Base Slab.JPG
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	276889
    The completed slab.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ThisOldGarageNJ
    replied
    Re: Another Aussie Oven

welcome to the club,,, Nothing like breaking ground.

Leave a comment:

• Alter ego
    started a topic Another Aussie Oven

Another Aussie Oven

After several years of pondering & wishing for a pizza oven I have now started on my own build. Actually, one of the reasons that it has taken me so long is that I didn't like any of the manufactured ovens on the market, They were all too small and too expensive. Once I stumbled on the Forno Bravo site I found a good oven that I could imagine in my back yard.

Name:	Before.JPG
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	315314
    Above is the corner of the back yard before I took the axe to it. I would have like the oven closer to the house but I had to accept the planning approvals from the BOSS.

Name:	Cleared Jungle.JPG
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	315315
    Clearing the jungle took a weekend and I am forever amazed as to why palms in Australia always seem to come with long sharp spines and/or thorns. All of the jungle was taken to some friends who have 2 goats. They just love any new vegetation and they don't care and complain about thorns! The WFO will sit in the corner of the yard and I will also install decking around the oven and new edging around the pool (this was a requirement of the planning approval)

Name:	Helen & Max.JPG
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	315316
    This weekend I finished the form for the base slab and I ran a conduit and cable from the house for lighting around the oven and decking.

That's it of the weekend and next weekend I will be pouring the slab.

Paul
Working...
X