Artisan Pizza Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artisan Pizza Map

We just posted a new application on FornoBravo.com. It is an interactive map of the world's best pizzerias, and it lets you add comments and photos on the each restaurant or pizzeria, links to their web site and other restaurant reviews, and add your own favorite pizzerias to the map. You can also find addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, etc. It is based on Google Maps, so it can do just about anything. I've called the Artisan Pizza Map.

This is version 1.0 of the map, so let us know how it goes. After a testing period with FB Forum members, we will announce it on FB.com, and to the rest of the world.

I hope it is a fun project, and that we create something that is useful for everyone. It could grow to become a great resource for anyone who speaks English, anywhere in the world. Here's to new beginnings.
    James

http://www.fornobravo.com/maps/artisan_pizza.html
    Last edited by james; 02-16-2007, 05:46 AM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Artisan Pizza Map

James,

What an absolutely splendid, brilliant idea.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Yeah, but does it work?
      James
      Last edited by james; 02-16-2007, 08:15 AM.
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Artisan Pizza Map for "Ambrosia" in Eugene, OR

Hi, James,

(M) I could not find a way to enter a fine pizzeria called "Ambrosia" on the new Pizza map. Perhaps new entries are restricted to the administrator of that map; in this case to you, James?

(M) Perhaps you could enter Ambrosia on my behalf? the URL is shown below where there is an image of their oven:

(M) Welcome to AmbrosiaRestaurant.com!

(M) The comments are from the site: "Our Pizzas and Calzones are cooked
        in our wood-fired oven which was imported in pieces from Italy!"

Ciao,

Marcel
        Last edited by Marcel; 02-16-2007, 07:45 AM. Reason: Remove excess html
        "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
        but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Thanks Marcel,

I will add it now. We can go both ways, I can add them, or you can go to The Artisan Pizza Map - CommunityWalk, and register there. After you are registered with them, you can add your own pizzeria.

The communitywalk folks are working on the service, and will allow users to register from our map on FB.com, without having to go to their site. I will let you know when that is available.

Thanks for looking at this and adding to the maps. So far, so good.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Marcel,
            Done. It's really easy (once you are registered) because Google Maps is so good. I typed in the basics of the address, Google found it and set the pin, and then I added the restaurant name and category. This should work.
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Artisan Pizza Map Posting Photos

(J) "go to The Artisan Pizza Map - CommunityWalk, and register there. After you are registered with them, you can add your own pizzeria."

(M) That makes it direct and it worked! Thanks.

(M) The first time I went to your URL, it was for setting up my own map. I needed to access yours, above.

(M) The new entry I posted for Touche', in Portland, offered the option to post a photo. The one you posted for me, James, (Ambrosia) when clicked on, does not indicate how to post a photo. I'd like to include their oven as its really a fine one but for some reason the option to add (edit) that post is hidden from me.

Ciao,

Marcel
              "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
              but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Wow - that is awesome. Great for planning business travel! I'll wait til we get our wood-oven Campania open to add.

Comment

Jay,
                  Before you open, do we have everything you would recommend in the local area? Make sure you do a Coming Soon post at some point.

Once the map is a little more built out and technically solid, I think we can announce it to a wider audience and get a good following.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Ciao Marcel,

I just tried photo posting, and it failed with Mac Safari (they say that will be fixed soon), so I tried it with Firefox, and it worked!

Take a look at the two I did (Gruppo di Amici and Zzest) and see if you can get it to work with a different browser.
                    James
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,

Today's a bake day, so I don't have a lot of time. The pins seem to be working fine, but I'm getting addresses and directions, should I need them, but no web site addresses. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

Jim
                      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Enjoy baking. I haven't added the web site addresses yet -- but I will.
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James, if this is successful for Pizza ovens of the world, we may need to add one for the other population of wood fired ovens, sans pizza.

Artisan Wood Baking Ovens?

CJ's should probably be first!
                          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

James
                            the map rocks. I found it really easy to use.
                            who knew "your on the map" would be so fast.
                            -chefbru

Comment

amazing how many of the listed operations do not have websites - doing a google search reveals very little on many of these places! perhaps someone here with the time and inclination could do an extensive web search and ad relevant links to each place; links which inlcude photos, reviews and website if available...

Comment

Working...
                              X