BOTM Feb 08 Nominations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BOTM Feb 08 Nominations

I agree with the nomination of Acoma's (Robert) photo of the bricks and blue background... Reminds me of the famous pic taken somewhere around the Mediterranean of the temple against the blue sky and blue water.

Also, I'd like to nominate ASUDaveW for his latest series of educational pizza videos. I know Dave already won a 5-pack for being a frequent poster , but I think these videos are worth some sort of honorary award (Tshirt or pizza cutter?). This guy continues to give back to the group more than he has taken.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I want to second Ken's nomination for Dave's videos. Great technique and skill; and the cinematography. If Dave wins again, we will definitely come up with something even better for a two-time winner.

Thanks Dave.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

How about speach lessons (Dave, you know I'm just kiddin')
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
          How about speach lessons (Dave, you know I'm just kiddin')
          George, George....

Sad, but I am afraid I have completely absorbed the local accent....

Funny thing though, I don't realize it until I hear myself on playback.
          I don't think in a southern accent.... But when I watched the playback I was thinking "Now that's some serious hick jargon!" I should of titled it Dave's Redneck Pizza tips!

I guess it's just Texas....

Payback time Georgie! Now what's a dave to do? Hmm...

Be afraid George, be very afraid !! (hahahehehahahe)
          My thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
          My costs:
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
          My pics:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Smiles! Keep it coming!
            GJBingham

-

Comment

We should give G a spelling lesson while Dave gets his "spe-a-ch" lessons!

Dutch
              Last edited by Dutchoven; 02-12-2008, 09:31 PM. Reason: screwed up
              "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
              "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Dutch,
                R u making fun ov my speling?
                GJBingham

-

Comment

Missed that post G, Great senses of humor on this site. I just wanted to take a moment to thank James and FB for the commitment to oven owners and builders everywhere. I received the pizza cutter days ago(looking forward to using it) and the brain was cramped. I am now doing all of the framing on the building that I hope will become our WFO bakery/pizzeria...car wash...title loan...income tax service...laundromat...if there is an additional compliment that I have not mentioned please send suggestions...in order to keep in true Mississippi style I think we will need to cover as many bases as possible!
                  Dutch
                  "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                  "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Shrimp shack Dutch. Should fit right in!
                    GJBingham

-

Comment

Working...
                    X