Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JR, we are looking into this issue. Thank you for your patience!

Mitch
    Forno Bravo

Comment

• Thanks! I found I can upload photos if I resize to less than 2 Megs, so I am guessing this is a new limit? The head scratcher is inability to load sketches in .jpg format that I was able to upload previously. Let me know if you need me to send any sample files.
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

• Mitch, thanks to you and Forno Bravo for moving us to a new and obviously faster server.

When I post, the update is nice & quick now. However when I edit, I get the "working" on screen note and the little blue "busy wheel" keeps going round and round...for a very long time. In fact, I have started making my edits, pressing save, waiting for 20-30 seconds, then going to the menu top and clicking new posts. The new posts screen pops right up and my edits on my post have been saved OK every time...but the working & little busy wheel won't quit after I just hit save. Any ideas?
        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hi Mike,

When did this start happening? The last edits I see are on a couple of posts on 3/28; have you edited posts since then? Thanks!
          Forno Bravo

Comment

• The last post edits I made with this problem were on 4/4 (on my thread - Pompeii Ovens, The Dragonfly Den in Retrospect...). Interesting, I just edited this post and the working... note remained for a minute after I clicked save. After that minute, with the blue busy ring and working... still on I just clicked on the text and continued editing (to write this portion). Autosave has flashed on several times and the working note has not left the screen (nor the blue busy ring when my cursor is moved outside the post being edited. I'm going to click on new posts after I save again and wait for 30 sec to see if the working note goes away and my changes are saved.

Just came back from new posts. Working... note stopped and my changed had been saved. When I just returned to edit and add this, I get the Previously entered content message with Restore or Discard. It's almost like when I first pressed Save on my edit, I entered a live edit/update state and as long as I don't do something else (like look at another post) the edit/update remains active.

I just logged out from my login via FireFox browser, and have come back in via Chrome. Both are up to date. Previously entered content option is still active. I'm on a Windows 10 OS - also up to date. I'm going to try the save again and see if the browser makes any difference. ** Nope, same working & busy tags for 30 sec before I exited by clicking on New Posts. Came back to this and my addition had been saved and I still see the Restore/Discard choices for previously entered content. Hope some of this will provide you with a clue as to what the system is doing...certainly not a problem for me as long as I see the edits being updated correctly. Anyway, thanks for looking into this little issue...
            Roseburg, Oregon

Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile

Comment

• I'm seeing similar behavior. Entering a post goes nice and fast. If I make an edit I see "working" so I just wait a few and hit another link. When I return all is good and edits are incorporated.
              My build thread

Comment

• Yes, it does the same for me too. I thought it was my computer being slow, but obviously others are having the same issue too.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• All, I have tested the edit issue and understand what you are experiencing. I will have this looked into. Thank you for your patience in dealing with the work around - I'm glad your edits are saving!

Mitch
                  Forno Bravo

Comment

• Forum search is woefully inadequate. I plugged in the word "cob" and get the response that too many posts may appear, so I add the negative -brick so that I might force the search to show me cob builds without bricks, yet all the advanced search gives me is brick builds with brick actually in the title. I'd rather be given too many thousands of responses to my simple query of cob than none at all. It spits out completely the opposite of what I searched for by trying to omit the brick from search and getting results as though brick was my true search request. It's maddening.

Comment

• Texmex, if you have not done so, you might want to try a "google" search similar to this one I did for landing size -
                      landing size fornobravo site:fornobravo.com
                      It won't catch the very newest posts, as they might not be indexed by google yet, but you can use the search modifiers you are describing, like AND to couple terms, which I don't think the forum search handles.
                      My build thread

Comment

• Mitch, I just tried the "trick" with a post where I was adding text and attaching another picture. The text saved fine but the picture did not upload. Hope this helps the IT guys figure out what is going on.
                        My build thread

Comment

• JRPizza thanks for that trick. I have used that method before about 2 months ago, but had totally forgot about it! I appreciate the refresher!

Comment

• Originally posted by texmex View Post
                            Forum search is woefully inadequate. I plugged in the word "cob" and get the response that too many posts may appear, so I add the negative -brick so that I might force the search to show me cob builds without bricks, yet all the advanced search gives me is brick builds with brick actually in the title. I'd rather be given too many thousands of responses to my simple query of cob than none at all. It spits out completely the opposite of what I searched for by trying to omit the brick from search and getting results as though brick was my true search request. It's maddening.

Texmex, try the Google search bar at the very top of the page as JR indicated. It's a more robust search tool; I got 370 responses to the word "cob".

Mitch
                            Forno Bravo

Comment

• Originally posted by fbfireoven View Post

Texmex, try the Google search bar at the very top of the page as JR indicated. It's a more robust search tool; I got 370 responses to the word "cob".

Mitch
                              I had not even noticed that search bar up there! Thanks, Mitch! It's been so long since I signed up here, I am having to learn slowly where everything is.

Comment

• Howdy Mitch, thanks for all the work you & the team have done to get the forum back up to speed. The new server made a huge improvement for my connection & response speed.

I was curious if there had been any progress in the edit & save issue (posts 168-173 here).

Another minor issue is the Likes count. I noticed today that there are very few threads with more than 1 like reported, yet many have multiple likes. For instance in this thread there are 14 likes on the first page alone, yet only 1 is reported by the summary stat. I also do miss the old style of likes that showed the names of those (last three only) who liked the post. Any chance of restoring that function? ...and on the Newbie Thread (hidden treasures) I notice there are only four likes (one of the very few multiple likes reported) but on the first post there are only 4 dislikes shown...seems there's an issue here -- that just can't be correct.

I feel bad that we are always finding something for you to fix on the "new" forum. FYI, I'm feeling pretty comfortable & happy with the current system...thanks again to you and the folks who work so hard to keep all of us happy with the forum. I really appreciate everyone's efforts here to make (and keep) this such a valuable resource to our community.
                                Roseburg, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                                X