Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't start a new thread, I write it all and post it but it keeps disappearing.
    I'm brand new to this site, maybe I need to write a few posts before I can start one???

Comment

• Sorry Darsh,

The security features built into the forum require a new member's first post to be approved by a moderator. I have since approved one of your Tiled stove posts in Getting Started. You should now have full use of the forum.
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• For the last couple of days I have been unable to dismiss my notifications. Normally, I go to the thread from the notification link and if I respond, the notification is automatically removed from my list. If I don't respond then I simply click the dismiss button on the notification page for that thread and it's removed. Now I click on the dismiss button and nothing happens, I went to the full page view of notifications and tried both the options that remove a group or a page of current notifications...no luck. I generally prefer the default vB5 style but tried both it and the Forno interface "to dismiss" to no avail. Anybody else having this issue?
        Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
        Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
        Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
        Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• SableSprings That is very strange. It seams to be working for me, but I would be interested to know if it is happening to other members as well. There are certainly a few small glitches left over from the Forno theme after the update, but in this case, it doesn't look like dismiss is working for you on even the red theme. As trivial as it may sound, try clearing out your cache and see if it is still doing it. If so, I'll see if I can gain any insight from the support team on the matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex_FB View Post
            SableSprings That is very strange. It seams to be working for me, but I would be interested to know if it is happening to other members as well. There are certainly a few small glitches left over from the Forno theme after the update, but in this case, it doesn't look like dismiss is working for you on even the red theme. As trivial as it may sound, try clearing out your cache and see if it is still doing it. If so, I'll see if I can gain any insight from the support team on the matter.
            Thanks Alex. I've not had this kind of issue before and I use various browsers when I login to FB. For this session, I am using Chrome and the FB Default vB5 style interface. I cleared my cache as you suggested and I still could not dismiss notifications individually. However, when I went to the Display all Notifications and then used the group delete for all of them, it finally cleared out. So it looks like the cache was the primary issue. I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.
            Mike Stansbury - The Traveling Loafer
            Roseburg, Oregon

FB Forum: The Dragonfly Den build thread
            Available only if you're logged in = FB Photo Albums-Select media tab on profile
            Blog: http://thetravelingloafer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• On my first post here:
              https://community.fornobravo.com/for...from-alan-watt

I added a link to my website before I figured out how to do signatures. Now the link is there twice and when I try to remove the first one by editing the post and clicking on "Remove link" it won't let me save the post with an empty link. Could you please remove that link for me, or fix it so I can remove it?

David
              Find my updated oven plans and photos here:
              https://davidelmore.com/djv/wood-fired-oven-plans/

Comment

• Hi admin team,

have just logged on to see some one messages which were in my messages center, with regards to info about my oven build. However sing the upgrade i can not find them at all.
                they were either a private message or a visitor message to oasiscdm.

Any help in tracking these messages down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps guys.

Comment

• There was a hack earlier this year where post were restored to a previous time period and subsequent post were lost, this probably affect PMs as well.
                  Russell
                  Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

• so is there a way of getting the messages back?

Comment

• so is there a way of getting the messages back?
                      Hatzi,

I'm not sure. I think that the newest version of the forum has a time limit on visitor messaging. Looking at my profile it appears to be 30 days. There has always been a limit on private messaging. On some of the older upgrades to the forum it was, I believe, limited to 50. I remember having to clear mine out from time to time to make room for more. On this newer version it appers that their may be a tme limit rather than a volume limit.

I'm alerting Alex_FB. He should be able to answer your question. If at all possible, that would take Adminstrative privileges. I can't see any settings from a member or moderator view that can be changed.
                      Last edited by Gulf; 12-10-2020, 07:22 AM.
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

• Thanks heaps.

Comment

• Hatzi Unfortunately, right around when you joined the forum we had to do a 2 week rollback due to the code being compromised and all of the content in that timeframe was lost. In your situation, I do believe your messages were unfortunately lost as we restored to an earlier date. As for experienced members and super-moderators, the private message limit is 100 and must be cleared to free up space at those limits. Very sorry - we do our best to keep a safe and free forum and there are situations where we have to rollback to fix new crippling issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X