My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Re: 30K postings

Thanks, everyone! I had to log off, and wasn't sure of what happened. I was 40 minutes late taking my wife to a wine tasting dinner watching the forum (how sad is that). She wasn't happy, but the Caputo should make up for it. It is an honor to share the prize with Dutch. He's been a great contributor to the forum and has helped me a great deal with my planning.

Thanks again.
      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
      My oven build thread

Comment

Damn! Poop! Just like a door prize or raffle, I never win. Where's my gun
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchoven View Post
          Well here is what I think...I think my post on the bun warmer topic at 5:43 was 997...there were two posts at 5:44 by mfiore and carl...998 and 999...then yours and mine(with the photo)at 5:45...30000 and 30001...not necessarily in that order...that is the best I can figure from those members who are still online
          Best
          Dutch
          P.S. I very well could have missed a post somewhere
          er, ah.....didn't anyone look at my posts?

5:43, 5:44, 5:44, 5:45 & 5:46
          ?.....that was some serious stuffing!

Where do you insert those Dutch?

I demand a recount!!!

Ah well, congratulations to the winners, at least half the flour went to Michigan!

I feel for Al Gore.....

Jim
          Jim
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
            Thanks everyone for making this so much fun. Frances, the winner posted at roughly 3:45PM PST, or well past midnight in Europe. Sorry about that.

Ah well, that's one of the downsides of being part of an international forum. Better luck next time... and congratulations. Sound as if you all had fun!
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Wow - I missed all this. I remember seeing the 30000 count when I went back to forum page straight after my thermocouple post when I looked to see who else was logged on, but didn't attach any significance to it until I spotted this thread! Great stuff - well done James for creating such a popular forum!
              http://fornoeconomico.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Carl View Post
                Wow - I missed all this. I remember seeing the 30000 count when I went back to forum page straight after my thermocouple post when I looked to see who else was logged on, but didn't attach any significance to it until I spotted this thread! Great stuff - well done James for creating such a popular forum!
                International Scandal.!!!
                ...Carl is actually the winner with his post at 10:44??

If he saw the 30,000 after his post....???

We may need to take this to the united nations!!

Too much fun

Where's the photo finish?
                Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Here's a dumb question. Where's the post count found?
                  My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

at the bottom of the main forum page
                    Originally posted by dmun View Post
                    Here's a dumb question. Where's the post count found?
                    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Jim
                      You must not have been online when I started checking the post times...I could only research those who were still online...and I didn't get to any of yours because I had no idea who was online at the time...it was all so close...I guess we have to figure out a better way...as I said I promise to try to be post watcher next time if we need it.
                      Dutch

Originally posted by SpringJim View Post
                      International Scandal.!!!
                      ...Carl is actually the winner with his post at 10:44??

If he saw the 30,000 after his post....???

We may need to take this to the united nations!!

Too much fun

Where's the photo finish?
                      Last edited by Dutchoven; 04-26-2008, 07:58 AM. Reason: bad typing
                      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

I was late getting to a fundraiser dinner here in town for the local museum and community theater...not as late as you were to your winde tasting
                        though...thank you for the kind compliment...I am happy to help
                        Dutch

Originally posted by mfiore View Post
                        Thanks, everyone! I had to log off, and wasn't sure of what happened. I was 40 minutes late taking my wife to a wine tasting dinner watching the forum (how sad is that). She wasn't happy, but the Caputo should make up for it. It is an honor to share the prize with Dutch. He's been a great contributor to the forum and has helped me a great deal with my planning.

Thanks again.

Comment

Did I every tell you that our web site was hosting in Florida. I think we should have them do a re-count; but I can't decide whether they should count hanging chads (virtual ones). :-)

Funny, we also had a fundraiser. We were on time, though I wish we had been really late. The country club scene -- brutal.

James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

In my case I wish I had been later...not the country club scene here...southern women's scene...and the food was well to be polite...BLAH
                            Dutch

Originally posted by james View Post
                            Did I every tell you that our web site was hosting in Florida. I think we should have them do a re-count; but I can't decide whether they should count hanging chads (virtual ones). :-)

Funny, we also had a fundraiser. We were on time, though I wish we had been really late. The country club scene -- brutal.

James

Comment

Working...
                            X