Need Advice about wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Advice about wife

Can't seem to get that face thing to work. I guess I'll have to read the instructions. gene

Comment

@Gene: 125 people?! That sounds like a PARTY. I know you're sold, but your wife should consider the following scenario:

October is national pizza month

Good luck,
      Stan

Comment

Wow, I simply cannot understand why a spouse would have any issues.

Unless your oven proposal is not financially feasible or will be utilizing the only remaining free space on your property......BUILD IT!

For gosh sake, don't you and you wife support each other on things that one of you want, but the other has "issues"?

This may sound harsh (my appologies) but, man up and build your oven. Again, if it is not causing some other hardship, what is the issue? I am far from being an expert on any subject but I have been happily married for 27 yrs. We only agree on "projects" about 50% of the time so we have had our fair share of discussions on everything from irrigation line placement, paint colors, pool size/placement/finish, to my WFO. Guess what? We always work it out and one of us always concedes in some way if the other feels passionate and strongly about a particular idea.
        Sounds to me that you REALLY want an oven and you simply are not conveying how important it is to you, and your wife is blowing you off because of a previous history of bad ideas or incomplete projects.

Simply tell her this is something you feel very strongly about, IT WILL BE BUILT, and that you would like her input and support so that you can "get it right". If you still get stonewalled...........I feel sorry for you, I really do. I can't imagine not getting or not giving support in my marriage. It is simply an oven, your not asking to make babies with her sister.

Good luck......just get it done

RT

Comment

Compared with RT's more serious response, I have a pretty silly one. Maybe you can use it as a red herring. :-)

Pizza Oven Economics | Why You Should Install a Pizza Oven

James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Just get all depressed and broody. Life has no meaning, blah blah blah. Do it in front of your mom when your wife's around. That's what I did. Worked like a charm! LOL!!
            Build Thread, http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...-pa-13750.html

Comment

Stan, October is national pizza month? Then it would be our patriotic duty to eat pizza right? Sounds great. 125 people at a party might be at our capacity for parking etc. My son, daughter-in-law and daughter did pretty much everything, I just wandered around bewildered. It was a costume party and the costumes (1890's -Steam punk) were unbelievable. If I can find some pictures I'll post them. That's what got me started thinking about a WFO, what a blast at a party. Gene

Comment

James, lots of good points in your Bread, Pizza and Coffee economics. Which made me think: could green coffee beans be roasted on a hot WFO floor? Has anyone tried this.
                I have never roasted green coffee beans myself, but I have heard it makes for great coffee. This is a very good web forum. I have difficulties in tearing myself away from reading posts. What a great world wide community. Any tips on instructions of how to use all the forum functions? I am a bit of a novice at computers.Thanks Gene

Comment

RTFlorida, You may may hit upon something about a history of bad ideas and incomplete projects. I may possibly have some issues with not completely finishing all my projects 100%. I have finished a lot of projects though. I've built us four houses over the years. Mostly I have a pretty long work week and she hates to see me work too much. Also, I really haven't presented all my WFO arguments yet. Just building my campaign right now to become a fool proof argument. I have mentioned it to her just to sort of test the water and she didn't immediately jump on board so I know its going to be a big sell job. This forum has given me lots of info. And the videos of food: how can you argue with that. Thanks for the help. Gene. 27

Comment

Evets, I have written a great witty response to your post three times and it keeps getting deleted before I can post it. Maybe the forum gods are protecting me from myself. Lets just say thank you for your suggestion and leave it at that. (I might try it sometime but don't tell anyone). Thanks Gene

Comment

Originally posted by mustbecrazy View Post
                      I have never roasted green coffee beans myself, but I have heard it makes for great coffee. ....
                      It does make for great coffee, roasted coffee goes stale very rapidly (within days) so roasting as you use it provides some fantastic coffee. SweetMarias.com is to roasting coffee as Fornobravo is to pizza ovens. Myself I use a stop top popcorn maker for roasting.
                      Patrick

"It is never to late for a happy childhood"
                      -Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by pduany View Post
                        It does make for great coffee, roasted coffee goes stale very rapidly (within days) so roasting as you use it provides some fantastic coffee. SweetMarias.com is to roasting coffee as Fornobravo is to pizza ovens. Myself I use a stop top popcorn maker for roasting.
                        Speaking of green coffee beans, Costco's has those big coffee roasters in store, and they have big burlap bags of green coffee beans, even some organic...but they would not sell me any of them green. I would be willing to pay roasted price...but they said no...something about rocks in the beans. With that logic, they should not be selling bags of pinto beans, they ALWAYS have rocks in them.

Anyway, I'll have to check out SweetMarias. Thanks

Comment

Gene,

Here is another idea..start with something much bigger and back off down to a little insignificant pizza oven...

Tell her you want to build an outdoor kitchen with a sink and brick bbq, with a smoke house and an oven...then you can compromise back to the oven!
                          My Oven Thread:
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Drake, Thank you for the suggestion. I just had to read you post on your build
                            first before responding to your post...Great job!!! I guess it has been a while since you built your WFO. I hope to start on one soon. My wife actually suggested a back yard project last week which I nixed which will probably work against me when I want to start my WFO. See- the problem is that I want to build the WFO not in our back yard but at a party barn we have at on a farm we have (10 miles away from our home). So a lot of the good arguments for building a WFO become null and void.(unless I build two ) Meanwhile I am doing lots of research on what to build. This forum is such a great place for ideas on design and construction. I usually learn from my own mistakes as I go along, but here I can learn from other peoples mistakes. Also the professionalism that I have seen is unbelievable. (Your build being an example)
                            Thanks Gene

Comment

Drake, Ps Outdoor kitchen, with sink, BBQ and smokehouse. That actually sounds pretty good. Gene

Comment

Originally posted by pduany View Post
                                Patrick, great website (SeetMarias), after looking at it I concluded that I officially know nothing about coffee. What an amazing assortment of coffee. I think Ill try the roasting thing on the stove top. There are some local roasters here in Eugene that I can get some green beans from. Thanks for the tip. Gene

Comment

Working...
                                X