Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

HI, I'm introducing my husband and myself, both new to this forum.
    We live in SW Michigan and operate a small organic fruit farm and bake in a 52"x60" Mugnaini oven. We are looking for plans and/or a mason to build a white or Gueulard oven that is a bit larger than what we are currently using.
    Can anyone recommend a mason or share plans ?

Re: Introduction

Hi Michigan,
    Not much here on Gueulard ovens. There are plans in the Forno Brovo store for free. Just go through the check-out process and you will be charged $0. As I understand a Gueulard oven is an oven with the heat source outside the oven, like in a separate fire-box. The dimensions for the FB design are for the fire inside the oven. Don't know if they translate well to the external fire-box. good luck.
    Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

There is very little actual experience with modern "white" ovens. We've seen some illustrations from old books posted, but I don't remember any actual builds. The only real white ovens being built that I know of are accessories to masonry heaters. MHA has more. These ovens are tiny, and not suited to commercial use.
      One more link from ALF who used to be associated with FB in the UK. Maybe James would have a contact.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I would suggest contacting Albie Barden owner of Mainewoodheat.com. He specializes in masonry heaters. He may know a mason in the mid-west that might be able to help.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.. ill check out the FB plans and ask around via your leads. Ive been asking all the old people i know in my town..looking for wisdom. But with the funny looks i get, I'm waiting for the Freemasons to show up at my home.
          Ha ..I'll let you all know if i find what I'm looking for.
          -Mari

Comment

HI, i went looking for the plans on the FB site. i couldn't locate them can you point me in the right direction??

Comment

MB,

Welcome to the site. You can find the Pompeii oven plans in the FB store. Click on Order, e-books and cd rom's and you're there. Place your Pompeii oven plan order and you will not be charged.

Comment

Working...
              X