Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Japan

Hi all,

After years of being not happy with my home oven pizza results I finally turned to the internet to find out why and luckily stumbled upon fornobravo.com. Since then I have downloaded the free plans and started work on my own 36" oven but now I need some assistance.

The only blocks I could find in Japan were 39cmx19cmx10cm so they are not so wide and after building I'm a little worried that the wall will not be strong enough to support the concrete hearth....Anybody care to share their opinion?

Thanks

Stu

Here is the link to my gallery

http://gallery.me.com/stuartthomson/100019
    Last edited by samuraistu; 04-27-2011, 12:22 AM.

Re: Hello from Japan

Hello Sam,

Do you have regular size firebricks for the oven? There are professional brick layers and concrete/cement experts on this forum who will get you cooking without too much difficulty.

Cheers,
    Last edited by azpizzanut; 04-26-2011, 06:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Sam,

Your bricks are ok. They are actually about right for a base. Please send photos of your construction plans and progress.

Cheers,
      Last edited by azpizzanut; 04-26-2011, 07:00 PM. Reason: spelling
      Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Hi Samuraistu,

The blocks used here are fine. The Japanese building code requires that the blocks are mortared and Re-bared, the block are designed with channels for the Re-bar. I completed my oven a few months ago, you can view it under(Pompeii in Japan). You can also find the large blocks at your local Komeri home center.

Comment

Working...
        X