Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hiya. I love the idea of an WFO and I've got to say this web site is an impressive resource of information. I've downloaded the plans (thank you Forno Bravo) and will take my time to read through it. I'm 90% sure I want to build one of these, the first question is where to site it. I have the perfect place in a kitchen garden just to the side of the house, which is convenient for access to the kitchen, but I'm wondering if its too close to my house which is timber frame with a timber decking 30ft away? The other possible location is 150ft away near a summerhouse, the only downside being its further away!

Anyway if I take the plunge and go for it, I'll start a new thread and invite comments as I go along. Regards Chris.

Re: Another Newbie

I would think thirty feet would be plenty far. I don't know what your local building codes require but I have not heard of requirements that far.

Keep in mind prevailing winds when choosing a site if possible. I find that winds blowing side to side across the front tend to pull a little smoke out the front when you first light the oven. Ideally the oven would face directly away from the prevailing wind...and consider that your chminey will be putting out smoke (and a bit of soot) upon start up so it would be nice to have the prevailing downwind area be somewhat clear.

Bill

Comment

Re: Another Newbie

Welcome aboard! Love your user name! <insert laughing smilie here>
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
      X