New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am new to the forum and new to building wood fired ovens, but very excited about it.

Re: New

Welcome, you have come to the right place. You will go bug eyed viewing the vast information here.

Good luck with your project, if in doubt - just ask, members have found a solution to every conceivable hurdle you may face.

RT

Comment

Pocahontas,

Welcome from a fellow newbie. You will be overwhelmed by the knowledge and generosity of forum members. If you want to learn how to do this right, you have come to the right place.

S

Comment

Newbies unite!

This is easily the most informative and polite forum I have ever participated in. Welcome - and remember - no question is too "stupid" (I have proven that many times!)
        "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

Ah my dear native guide - look for posts from CanuckJim he may be in yonder neck of the woods and is a great source for information on getting your materials gathered. He meakes a mean dough too.

Comment

Pocahontas,

Where in Ontario are you? I'm northeast of Toronto, about 70 kms from downtown. If you're close enough, why don't you swing by to have a squint at my oven. It's a barrel vault bread oven, but nobody here blames me too much for that. If it's possible, send me an email, and I'll send directions.

Jim
            "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Joe,

We aren't polite; we're witty. :-)
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Mine is a barrel vault also and there has also been no harrassment. Welcome!
                Dutch
                "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Dutch - only reason we aren't besmirching you and your barrel ovens is we are relying on you and Jim for bread expertise. Any barrel oven posters without bread expertise will be besmirched heartily!

Comment

Working...
                  X