Mobile Oven for Pizzabistro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mobile Oven for Pizzabistro

That Hebel material sounds great. I'm wondering if something similar is available in the US? The guys at MHA site that I linked to above seem to use some kind of pre-cast slabs as a base for their ovens.

Comment

TDVT,
      a few years back I went to a builder show and there was a company that was selling these light weight blocks but they were expensive. I do have a small sample that I got at the show, it looks like the stone that people use to file the callus on their toes, almost like hard styrofoam. There is a company in the US called AACS,Inc(autoclaved aereted concrete systems) in Sanford,FLA., their phone# is 407 320-9989.

Comment

To make the Hebel apparently powdered aluminium is mixed with lime and reacts to create a reaction and resulting gas which makes lots of tiny bubbles through the concrete. I'm told the factory is very secret and you can't take photos. But it would be fun to try and make the stuff.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David,
          I don't know if I would be interested in this kind of material if it contains aluminum. I called the rep from aacs to get some quotes, for 24"x8"x8" blocks,60 in a pallet $268 plus freight from Fla to NY. With the price of diesel over $4,it might be an expensive proposition. If I had to build another house, I would go for styrofoam forms and pumped 3000psi concrete. Thanks for telling me.

Comment

Working...
          X