Good evening from South of Brazil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening from South of Brazil!

Hello, My name is Rom and I am here to learn from all the experience spread all over this forum. Thank you for having me here.

Rom, welcome to the forum. Do you have an idea of what you want to build, or are you still figuring that out?
    My build thread
    https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
      Rom, welcome to the forum. Do you have an idea of what you want to build, or are you still figuring that out?
      Hello JRPizza and thank you for replying to my message.

Regarding my build, I am doing something indoors. it is a combo build: Wood Stove/Oven + Pizza Oven + Barbecue. All them would have connected chimneys so all the smoke from the 3 will go out through the same one.

1) The Wood Stove + Oven is called ecofogao and it is a ecological wood stove (burns very little wood, check the link at: http://ecofogao.com/fogao-a-lenha-ecologico-ecoforno/ - it is portuguese but I guess you can understand it easily through the photos).

2) Pizza Oven: First I had the idea of doing regular square oven, but more I read through the forum more I am in doubt. if you check the drawing attached I would need to fit the iglu oven inside the box where is also the barbecue. This concrete box would serve for many things, including hiding the junction of the 3 chimneys and for maintenance. Now I just saw a project of a pizza oven that is also a smoker and my head went nuts.

3) Barbecue: Brazilian barbecue is quite different from the grills all around USA. We usually roast the meats on spits.

That is more less my project, I am still thinking about it. I have 30 days to plan it well because we will start construction on December.

Thank you for your interest,

Rom Pereira

Comment

Wow, that's pretty ambitious! I have a friend that put a rotisserie in his oven (uses the door for a support), so that is always an option for your meat roasting
        My build thread

Comment

Rom,

Here is a solution that I noticed many castles in Europe use to share the one chimney. The rotisserie is powered by weights that drop down from the window, which was also used to lift produce up to from the river it spans.This is one amazing house, probably built on the profits of slavery.

Dave

http://www.experienceloire.com/chate...henonceau.html Click image for larger version

Name:	PB040766.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	461.9 KB
ID:	382756 Click image for larger version

Name:	PB040771.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	382757 Click image for larger version

Name:	PB040760.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	382758
          Last edited by david s; 11-03-2015, 01:49 PM.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hello JRPizza and David S,

Thank you for your very nice ideas.

Regarding item #2, the pizza oven, I was thinking about a design like the photo attached but inside that drawing I sent in the previous post. I know that it is not an iglu design, but I was wondering how efficient it is. Do you guys have any idea? Also I am wondering this door design against the slide in door...

Regarding item #3, the barbecue my mind is almost 90% set to the drawing I attached now. I truly apologize for my terrible sketches.

Please let me know your opinions.

All the best,

Rom

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
              Rom,

Here is a solution that I noticed many castles in Europe use to share the one chimney. The rotisserie is powered by weights that drop down from the window, which was also used to lift produce up to from the river it spans.This is one amazing house, probably built on the profits of slavery.

Dave

http://www.experienceloire.com/chate...henonceau.html [ATTACH=CONFIG]n382756[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n382757[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n382758[/ATTACH]

David S,

Sweet, the weights work like our spinning axles only I will have an electric motor spinning the whole thing with some gear reductions...

Thank you,

Rom

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
                Wow, that's pretty ambitious! I have a friend that put a rotisserie in his oven (uses the door for a support), so that is always an option for your meat roasting
                JRPizza, I do love those all purpose ovens. I was very tempted to do a do-it-all unique oven, like the barbecue with cover you guys have over there... But again, here in Brazil, those barbecues are a must have... Thank you, Rom

Comment

Well, I'll certainly want to keep tabs on your build - I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress.
                  About the oven design you showed above - the design with the chimney outside of the cooking chamber is supposed to be better for retained heat cooking (like a pompeii or barrel oven), so you might be sacrificing some of that ability with the vent inside the oven. Similarly, a "slide in" type door typically has quite a bit of insulation (>2") so they are good for retaining heat. A hinged type door can have insulation, but might require a custom type hinge as you are going to want the insulation on the oven side of the door
                  My build thread

Comment

Working...
                  X