Hola from Mesa AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hola from Mesa AZ

I have been lurking for months now. Amazed at all the great builds and wealth of information. I am planning a 42" Pompei corner build up against a concrete block wall on two sides.

Thanks to all those who have shared their knowledge, ideas and experience!

Welcome,

Start by looking in the newbie section under Treasure Achives thread. Here you will find links to some of the best documented builds as well as other resources. I did a 42" corner build and it can be viewed under my picassa link. Don't be afraid to ask questions, a lot easier to fix before than after.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Welcome Skinnerba. Are your concrete block rear walls pre-existing? Working up against a wall will present some access challenges - are you planning on an igloo or building an enclosure?
      My build thread
      https://community.fornobravo.com/for...h-corner-build

Comment

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
        Welcome Skinnerba. Are your concrete block rear walls pre-existing? Working up against a wall will present some access challenges - are you planning on an igloo or building an enclosure?
        If building an enclosure you already have two sides to work up to, but if building an igloo you have a back corner tha's extremely hard to work. Here's a solution using vermicrete. You just blend it into the wall on each side and fill in the back corner. Click image for larger version

Name:	No.68.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	462.3 KB
ID:	383303
        Last edited by david s; 11-24-2015, 01:46 PM.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Yes. Existing concrete block walls. Access will be a problem. I don't think and enclosure is practical and was planning to finish as an igloo. Thanks for this example.

Comment

Skinnerba, Did exactly what you are ding in Green Valley AZ except I went the Modular route with a Casa 2G100. I can send a photo of stand if you want to see it. The stand just got finished today, will start putting the oven together right after christmas. Jack

Comment

Working...
            X