Hi Myke here from yorkshire england

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Myke here from yorkshire england

Been lurking on this forum for a while after seeing the creations on here finally took the plunge to build one myself. I am no bricklayer but have a passion for DIY and reading on here I have already picked up a lot of tips (no doubt there's more to follow)
    I have ordered a pack of normal bricks to build a platform and will document the build with text and pictures. I am leaning towards a brick built dome (traditional Pompeii but with modern insulation methods) The build is on a tight budget so there may be trade offs.
    Last but not least I would like to thank everyone one on this forum for there information which without I would not be starting this project.

Kind regards Myke

Hi Myke, good luck, I'm from the UK and building my first one too. Budget wise, I would expect that mine will cost circa £1k, hopefully it will work out cheaper than I expect! Darren

Comment

Hoping mine will come in a lot cheaper than that in fact expected about £500 as sourcing materials all over the place thinking about tiling the dome and worktops once I get a clear start I will post up my build including costs.
      Ps good luck with the build

Comment

All the best, looking forward to seeing your photos

Comment

started my build see https://community.fornobravo.com/for...eii-oven-build
          But need advise on base insulation I have some glass rock insulation left over from another job (its like hard coke) is it up to the heat of the hearth? is it as good as the ceramic insulating sheet? hoping to keep the base thin. all sugestions welcome.

Comment

As far as whether glass rock insulation is suitable, there are several factors to consider. Thermal conductivity (K factor), compressive strength, as well as max service pressure. Need to get a spec sheet and post for the members can see.
            Russell
            Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
            X