Hey Folks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
    Cutting of the floor will keep you busy for a day or so. Since you budget can stand a little more insulation then go get some. I notice you are near San Diego, so EJ Bartell aka Distribution International carries ThemoGold 12 CaSi in all thickness and there is a store in San Diego (I am sure there are other refractory product distributors as well). Now is the time to consider more, Once you lay the brick floor down you cannot add more.
    Awesome. They only had 3” thick CaSi board so I will have 5 inches of total insulation. I had no clue where to buy it from other than getting raked over the coals online, thank you for turning me onto that.

Originally posted by JRPizza View Post
    There are others on the forum smarter on concrete structure, so hopefully they will weigh in. Do you have any pics of your foundation and forms pre-pour you could share? They might be helpful. You said 1X1 3/8 rebar - do you mean a heavy mesh of 3/8 wire? Might make a difference to experts. I do know that the ovens carry their weight around the periphery, so you might want to consider internal support where the oven foot print is going to sit on unsupported slab.
    I attached the only 2 pictures I have of the foundation. I did a 1’ x 1’ grid of 3/8th inch rebar and tied it up where the rebar crossed paths (nice and strong).

I wonder if there is any downfall to keeping the wood form in there…it’s plywood recessed inside the blocks supported by a dozen 2x4's.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X