No announcement yet.

Brutal! Worth every effort!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astroinfidel- I am glad it has given you inspiration. And there are vids on YouTube how to cut flagstone....with a hammer!! Best of luck to you!

Comment

I am updating this post with some new pictures. I am currently installing a flagstone facia to the entire oven. In addition to purchased flagstone (and repurposing the old back yard patio) I am using stones collected from my kids college (Northern Arizona University) and our visit to Sedona. I learned that the heavier stones are too much to put on the wall so I will now be breaking them into smaller pieces. Please lend your advice if you have any for me. Oh! If you know of the best way to remove concrete haze from the stones, please let me know. Thank you.

Comment

Looks like you have made some nice headway on the stone work. The whiteish film is probably effloresence (alkali salts). You could try vinegar/water and a power sprayer but it may take something more aggressive such as a muratic acid, go down to you local big box store and see what they have. Have you fired up the oven?
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi Utah! We have had pizza parties galore. I have cooked chicken and potatoes too. The reality is that I have found less motivation to complete the project knowing I can cook from it! However, the pizza is simply perfection. I certainly bit off more than I expected to chew when I said, "Hey! I want to build a pizza oven." ....but still, it is worth every bit of my effort!

Comment

My oven is done. So worth it. The pizzas are perfect!! Click image for larger version

Name:	D77C261C-2D43-4A8E-9C71-12CFA6284F2A.jpeg
Views:	360
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	425215 Click image for larger version

Name:	68F113BF-8936-4A7F-BCF8-C94186EBB04B.jpeg
Views:	363
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	425216 Click image for larger version

Name:	7095CDC9-42D4-4CEB-9352-9891953AEE43.jpeg
Views:	366
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	425217 Click image for larger version

Name:	4F84890C-140A-4CB6-9158-F8A333F40BCA.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	425218 The stones were collected from special places. My oven brings me happiness.

Comment

We have not heard from you in a while so congrats on completing your oven, looks very nice. With the Covid 19 lockdown, I have been able to put the last finishing touches on my oven and it was 99% finished in 2012.
              Russell
              Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Hi Utah! Yes, the COVID has definitely helped with projects. I am so glad you were able to finish your stunning oven. Really, your oven is a beautiful work of art. I joined a FB WFO group. I see some remarkably poorly built ovens. I am so glad I chose to put the effort in. I see your expert advice on this forum and am always impressed. Builders are lucky to tap into your knowledge for sure! Our oven is a neighborhood hit. Last weekend we cooked 15 pizzas without any problems. I love the 42” size.

Comment

Very nice...looks really good congrats! These ovens are not only are beautiful to look at but the food that comes out is ridiculous and was 100% worth it!

Ricky
                  My Build Pictures
                  https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

Thank you Ricky! Yes the work is so worth it! Love your build. I wanted to do a fireplace too. Maybe down the road.

Comment

Working...
                    X