Hi From sunny Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi From sunny Florida

My name is James and I'm in the Tampa area.
    I'm starting a 36" Tuscan oven build. I have been wanting to build one for the last decade or so and I'm finally in a place where that's possible.
    I am sourcing the firebrick from the ceramics program at the college I work at so it should be a cheap build I'm hoping.
    I have been helping them build a wood fire train kiln, so those skills should transfer over to the oven build as they are very similar in construction.
    This forum has been an invaluable resource. I will post pics soon when I get a chance.
    Hoping to learn more as I progress with the build.

Have you downloaded the free eplans from Forno Bravo retail site, it is a good but dated manual for designing and building a WFO. Also go to the Newbie section under treasure archives, there is a stickie that links to some of the more documented builds. There are several options to reduce cost spread out through the blog so you just have to research. Repurposing materials works great if the have the patients and time to procure, ie Restore, Craiglists etc.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Yeah, I have it printed out and in a binder

Comment

Hey i am Termen from ohio

Comment

Nice to know you james.
          Lots of experience here to help. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Florida Forno View Post
            My name is James and I'm in the Tampa area.
            I'm starting a 36" Tuscan oven build. I have been wanting to build one for the last decade or so and I'm finally in a place where that's possible.
            I am sourcing the firebrick from the ceramics program at the college I work at so it should be a cheap build I'm hoping.
            I have been helping them build a wood fire train kiln, so those skills should transfer over to the oven build as they are very similar in construction.
            This forum has been an invaluable resource. I will post pics soon when I get a chance.
            Hoping to learn more as I progress with the build.
            Welcome James!
            I lived in St Pete's many years ago. Still have a Tampa Bay Lightning puck.
            Kind regards,
            Mark
            My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
            My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

I also used to live in the area. Years ago and I'm sure it's changed a whole lot. I lived off Dale Mabry for awhile, then up to Lutz and Land O' Lakes area. Welcome!!
              My Build:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

Working...
              X