Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hi All
    Not wanting to take up too much of your time, just wanting to say "hi".
    Only just joined this forum having been doing research on wood fired ovens for some 6 months now.

I started late summer last year building an outdoor BBQ to the side of my house. Its a covered area of around 25+sq/m, and I plan to have a charcoal BBQ, gas BBQ and a wood fired oven.
    Having looked at options for ready made and kits, it seems that they are slightly out of my budget to get something decent so plan to build my own.

Brickwork isn't something I've done much of, but I consider myself an above average DIY'r. What I do have is patience and am very fussy, so I will take my time and aim to do as good a job as possible.

Looking forward to reading, learning and chatting with some people here.

Cos

Welcome, many of us never laid a brick either but time and patience will get you through this project. I suggest you download the free eplans from Forno Bravo online store. It is a good baseline for design and building a WFO oven, dated but good. You might look at Nick JC's build (also from the UK), it was a cast oven and he did a great job on it For brick ovens, go to the Newbie section of the forum under Treasure Archives, you will find some of the more documented brick WFOs.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by Cosd View Post
      Hi All
      Not wanting to take up too much of your time, just wanting to say "hi".
      Only just joined this forum having been doing research on wood fired ovens for some 6 months now.

I started late summer last year building an outdoor BBQ to the side of my house. Its a covered area of around 25+sq/m, and I plan to have a charcoal BBQ, gas BBQ and a wood fired oven.
      Having looked at options for ready made and kits, it seems that they are slightly out of my budget to get something decent so plan to build my own.

Brickwork isn't something I've done much of, but I consider myself an above average DIY'r. What I do have is patience and am very fussy, so I will take my time and aim to do as good a job as possible.

Looking forward to reading, learning and chatting with some people here.

Cos
      Welcome to the forum Cos! Good luck with your project!
      My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
      My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Hey Cos, I'm in much the same situation as you - new to the forum, at the start of a build of a wood fired oven and I've got no experience of masonry/brick work, but willing to give it a go. Good luck with your build and I look forward to seeing how you progress.

Jay

Comment

Working...
        X