Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Bread Oven

Hi !

I just bought a 6' by 4' trailer that I intend to build a bread oven on. I just curious as to where should I start?

I'm going to guess you start at the bottom. I'm curious though: Why a mobile bread oven?
    And what do you intend building it from?
    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

What is the load rating on that lawnmower size trailer? Refractory ovens are very heavy!
      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Not only that, it’s likely to rattle to bits if you build it from brick. You’ll need shocks on the trailer. Most bread ovens are brick with a large radius low vault roof which places a lot of outward thrust on the sidewalks. They therefore usually have steel bracing to contain that force. The traditional hemispherical oven does not require this as its form is self supporting. But it’s floor area being circular does not lend itself well to load fully with bread. Whatever way you decide to go, make sure you insulate well both under the floor as well as the sides and vault.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments. It's an old water trailer, I had a welder look at it and he thinks the max weight capacity is around 3500 lbs. I intend on selling loaves from it as well as being able to pizza pop ups. But it being such a low weight capacity for a refractory oven, I don't know how many loaves I could get out of it per firing.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X