Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from South Africa

Hi to all of you
    I'm planning on building a Pompeii oven for our family. I've doneness some research on the subject but I still have some questions. Hoping to find some answers here.
    The oven inside diameter will be 1100mm and the cooking surface and dome will be built with fire bricks. Our sizes Available are 230mm x 114mm x 76mm.
    I'm not clued up at all with regards to building but I have a contractor on standby.
    Regards
    Corne

Start with downloading the free eplans from the Forno Bravo website. It is a good baseline for design and construction of a pompeii oven. A little dated but there are tons of improvements on the forum you can look at in addition. Also there is currently a build going on in SA so you may want to search that thread as well. Plan and design the oven carefully, once the bricks lay down it is hard to go backwards,
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Originally posted by smithcorne View Post
      Hi to all of you
      I'm planning on building a Pompeii oven for our family. I've doneness some research on the subject but I still have some questions. Hoping to find some answers here.
      The oven inside diameter will be 1100mm and the cooking surface and dome will be built with fire bricks. Our sizes Available are 230mm x 114mm x 76mm.
      I'm not clued up at all with regards to building but I have a contractor on standby.
      Regards
      Corne
      Welcome to the forum Corne!
      I look forward to seeing your oven project take shape.
      Kind regards,
      Mark
      (A South African in New Zealand.)
      My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
      My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I have a lot of questions, but I'm working my way through the information one here to try and answer them. My biggest challenge is working out the quantities of material, because we live in a semi rural area, everything is not freely available. But I'm getting there. Bricks are being collected next week, then when they are here I can start planning better. For now it's a lot of guessing and thinking which way it will go, but I'm getting more and more confident every day.

Comment

Working...
        X