Introduction - Davie from Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction - Davie from Florida

Greetings - I'm Davie and live in a large utopian community in the North of Florida. Six years ago, while spending a summer in Bologna Italy, I came across a community forno at a weekly street market. People would bring their risen and proofed dough to the market, and a volunteer baker would bake it while they were shopping, eating lunch, and/or having a glass of wine. I thought the concept was awesome and when I returned home to Florida started talking it up. A few neighbors picked up on the idea, researched how to build ovens, and found Forno Bravo. Earlier this year, we ordered a Casa 110 kit and over the last few months constructed it. Over the last week, we set up a little outdoor hangout space and partied every evening until the curing process was complete. Friday evening, our pizzaiolo, another Dave, did a test batch of pizza, and the following morning, I baked the first loaf of bread in the oven. We have a lot to learn but first impressions is that we have done an awesome thing. Among the community (there are about 100 households), the oven project had almost universal support and is helping build connections between neighbors.It's a learning process!

Welcome Davie!
    What a cool idea, a communal use oven. I like it!
    My 42" build: https://community.fornobravo.com/for...ld-new-zealand
    My oven drawings: My oven drawings - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Comment

Working...
    X