Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: daves build

thanks dino ,
    No I didnt do the welding I had a mate do it. I do agree with you though, while the door holds some heat in the oven for quite some time, the door gets quite hot and obviously loses a lot of heat!
    I havent really seen much on this forum about doors but I dont really have any ideas other than to bolt a fire brick onto the back. I will have a search and look for some other solutions.
    cheers
    Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,been awhile , how is your build going ?
      Have you finished the chimney yet ? , if so post some photos as it would be nice to see the finished build.

regards Gary

Comment

dave
        as to your door problem follow dino'ssuggestion as this seems to be the prefered way .putting fire bricks on your door will make it heavy and look cumberson , not to mention little chips falling of and getting into your pizza
        been to the dentist lately!!!!!!!!
        as for the handles have a look around for some antique porcelin handles with the metal conections.

regards Gary

ps Dave look on ebay and you will find them search antique door handles
        Last edited by aussiepizzaman; 06-04-2010, 05:12 PM. Reason: added search link

Comment

Yeah sry been busy as hell at work and stuff and havent quite got there yet!
          I have put a few more layers on chimmney and should pull my finger out and finish it. I might have to extend the flue as well as I am getting the impression my neighbour isnt appreciating the smoke over the fence! Door slams every time I fire up! classic.
          Hope ya build is coming along pizzaman and I will post soon.
          Cheers
          Dave

Comment

hi Dave,
            sounds like you have the big green monster next door.
            next time yuo fire up get a fan and blow some of the aromas coming out of the oven over the fence ,this will make him even greener
            as for my build i am up to the opening and outer arch/vent transition stage.
            check my latest updates with photos , certainly pleased to be finished the dome.

regards Gary

Comment

Gday everyone this is just a brief update and pic of where im at. The build has slowed a bit towards the end but I am getting there slowly. Another couple of layers and I will have the chimney closed in and I can get back to finishing the sides and im done.
              Hope all is well
              Cheers
              Dave

Comment

The brick work is looking great Dave! Very classy looking enclosure.

I think your neighbors will ultimately be quite jealous and once they start associating the smoke smell with the great food smells that come out of there, they'll look forward to it (at least that's what my neighbors say...they just want me took them pizza I think )

Cheers, Dino
                "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
                http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
                http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

Hey all been a long time since i posted and have just laid the slab finally for the outdoor kitchen. Any tips on what to use on the top bench? Im told stone wont work as its pourous and it isnt going to be covered? Also any tips for getting mortar residue off ? yes I have tried Hydrocloric acid but this stuff is damm stuborn.

Comment

was thinking of using teak boards for the outside?

Comment

The stone is porous and will stain. Teak or Ipe would look really good. Ipe is naturally darker than teak but either can be stained to your preference.
                      Scott -

My projects: http://www.facebook.com/#!/scott.kerr.794

Comment

The Ipe I used is holding up well. It's weathered to a nice silvery color.

The stuff is very stable as well -- no curling or checking.

Christo
                        My oven progress -
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, but what did you use for the top of the benchtop? wood? surley that would stain as well.

Comment

"but what did you use for the top of the benchtop? "

Have you considered concrete ?

Comment

Yes at this stage that is what I had planned on using, maybe put a colour in with the mix? thought just plain concrete would stain and not look that good on its own. Other plan was to tile just the top maybe?

Comment

Just looked at your gallery; good god man, are you trying to make the rest of us look bad? Please tell me you do this for a living!
                                Seriously, I was blown away by the workmanship and the scale of your projects; big like Texas! Thanks for sharing.

gcm

Comment

Working...
                                X