aussiepizzaan getting started on 36" wfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aussiepizzaan getting started on 36" wfo

I know just how you feel and it is only surpassed by the feeling of bringing that first pizza out of YOUR oven. Don't scrimp on your insulation now because you need to keep the heat in your oven for all those loaves of bread and roasts in the future.
    Well done!

Comment

thanks Mick & Rodney,
      looking forward to that first meal but i intend to let the oven cure for a month before i start to light the curing fires.
      in the meantime I still have to do my opening and vent transition.
      more fun times ahead.

regards Gary

Comment

Gary, i don't know how you intend to cure your oven but it might pay you to look at the link below and to keep in mind i have no cracks in my oven at all. I got the info from Leigh at Feild Furnace and the idea is to dry the oven with no flame touching your bricks till all the water has been driven out.
        Rodney.

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f16/...hods-7297.html

Comment

Hey gary awesome work looks fantastic! didnt realise you were so far ahead. Guess you got a little of the old obsession we all got!
          I still have no cracks and fired it after 8 days of so. Up to you but I think you should be fine. Keep up the good work and have fun with the opening!

Comment

Thanks for that info Rodney,
            will give this a try when time comes to start curing the oven.

regards Gary

Comment

congrats on closing the dome Gary

Now to the chimney landing!!
              John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

Hi All,
                time for an update on the landing and vent transition.
                finished the outer entry arch and have started to do the vent transition.
                very happy with the arch .and although it looks ok It will all be covered over with a decorative arch later on.
                As for the vent transition , a small problem arised but thanks to the input from previous forums I was able to overcome them.
                I had intended to fill the space between the inner and outer arches with out thinking of how they would be supported. in the end I came up with the following solution as the photos show.This leaves me with an opening of
                12" x 6.5". I will be using a 6" stainless steel flue so I need to close this up to 6.5" x 6.5".next problem is running out of firebricks.The Decrative arch and sides of entrance will be old red clay bricks , so i might just finish of with these.
                regards Gary

Comment

hi all, time for an update
                  With the weather not helping I finally got time to do the chimney transition.
                  I was going to use 6' SS flue but found this 6" clay pipe so decided to use it instead.Still need to finish putting the top coat on the inside of the pipe to allow a conical smoke guide up the pipe.see photo 3 to understand.first coat is a bit cracked as weather came in and did not get back to keep it moist.
                  I will be doing a deco arch and brick chimney stack .
                  question???
                  what is the mix ratio vercilimite/cement for the insulating coat over the insulating blanket?

regards Gary

ps getting close to that first fire

Comment

Wont the pipe crack from the heat?
                    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

been a while so for those that are interested here's a quick update.
                      I have done a series of curing fires starting at 250 degrees and slowly built up over 5 days to 500 degrees. Each fire was going for 7 - 8 hours.
                      And yes a couple of minor "expansion joints" appeared but nothing to lose sleep over.Finished the chimney and deco arch.have put the F/B insulation and vercilimite over top. Next is to run a series of fires to cure the miosture from this and then cover with a stucco finish.
                      Also managed to cook a meal when doing the curing fires.
                      next is to finish the work benches.

Comment

and some more photos of the chimney ,deco arch and insulation.

Comment

Working...
                        X