Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Intro from NZ

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself, I have been looking through the forum for some time and decided to register; I have some questions and want to bounce some ideas around.

I see there are some other NZ based members on here and will be keen to see how their builds and the material sourcing has worked out.

I'm from the UK originally and have been living in NZ with my family for 5 years now.

Always been a huge BBQ fan, now into smokers as well the next obvious step is a WFO to complete my outdoor cooking options.

Looking at a WFO for the whole range of cooking experiences; Pizza, Bread and keen on roasts and another options for the fish we catch here.

Any-ways, early days and still very much in the research stage but focusing on material sources for a design I got from Forno Bravo....

Cheers

Nick

Welcome Nick

You have, in my view, made a great choice with the pompeii oven design. More than that, you have begun to tap two enormous resources here at fornobravo: The pompeii oven plans and the corporate memory of the membership willing to help you along the way.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: New Member Intro from NZ

Hi there,

I also moved to Auckland from the UK and in the last two years have built myself a wood fired oven. It took some homework and research but I got there in the end. I'm more than happy to chat to you about it if keen.

Reply with an email or phone number if you'd like to discuss further.

All the best,

Neil

Comment

Re: Welcome Nick

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
        You have, in my view, made a great choice with the pompeii oven design. More than that, you have begun to tap two enormous resources here at fornobravo: The pompeii oven plans and the corporate memory of the membership willing to help you along the way.
        Thanks Lee, its does seem the best source to go to...
        Will look at your links.

Comment

Originally posted by milk View Post
          Hi there,

I also moved to Auckland from the UK and in the last two years have built myself a wood fired oven. It took some homework and research but I got there in the end. I'm more than happy to chat to you about it if keen.

Reply with an email or phone number if you'd like to discuss further.

All the best,

Neil
          Thanks Neil, that's an awesome offer.
          I'll PM you my details.

Negotiating the space with the wife at the moment, but has agreement in principle to proceed to the next phase
          Putting a budget together is going to be interesting; finding suitable materials is the challenge...

Comment

Hi Nick. Just wondering how your pizza oven build is going. How has it been sourcing material and what stage are you at? If you would like to get in contact I may be able to offer some advice. I am building one in New Plymouth, although it is taking longer than I was hoping for. Regards Dave.

Comment

Hi Dave

Not really progressed at all, my wife is quite interested in the project now.
              Where did you find your bricks from?
              And any other material you sourced :-)

cheers

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X