Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHich Oven ?

Mikku-san,

hehehehhe, are you three sheets to the wind? This makes so sense at all, even I am confused. Edit it. You don't want Brickie of Oz, to get on your case!

Comment

Japanese have a bizarre attitude to rubbish. Pic shows a Tokyo rubbish truck (filthy isn't it ?) You don't see any bins. The rubbish is placed on the footpaths in white plastic bags and collected four times a week.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
        Japanese have a bizarre attitude to rubbish. Pic shows a Tokyo rubbish truck (filthy isn't it ?) You don't see any bins. The rubbish is placed on the footpaths in white plastic bags and collected four times a week.
        You should see the trucks that pump out the cesspools, they are shined better than military shoes.

Comment

Just because you have been doing something for 25 years doesn't mean you haven't been doing it wrong....

Comment

"Bob Dylan said "I'll let you be in my dream , if you will let me be in yours!""

Make your dreams come true; except that one where you're naked in church.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi Mikku,

Don't fret it! In the vernacular of the times, "I'll hip you to it."
              "You don't need to be a weather man, to know which way the wind blow".

Comment

My best friend is from Hibbing, which is also famous for being the birthplace of Greyhound bus lines (everyone trying to get the hell out?)

Comment

It's ok to have disagreements, but I find the name calling and bickering to be entirely inconsistent with the spirit of this forum. I've participated here for a number of years, and I have to say that this thread has devolved to about the worst behavior I have seen.

Can we dispense with the ad hominem attacks?
                  My build progress
                  My WFO Journal on Facebook
                  My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

This is ridiculous. The forum has recently lost a good contributor because of stuff like this, and he noted that posts like this are becoming more frequent.

Why can't there be a discussion without the inflammatory comments? Both of you guys are guilty of doing this.

IMO, it's made worse because you are suppose to be professionals in the building trades.

And yeah, I can choose to read the thread or not.... but this has gone too far already.
                    Last edited by stonecutter; 08-27-2013, 02:34 PM.
                    Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                    John Ruskin

Comment

Mikku, while I thank you for your service to our country, you come across badly on the forum. This is a website dedicated to ovens, nothing more nothing less. There is no room for bad manners or abrasive posts. We are not here for general discussion, we are here to discuss two things, building an oven, and cooking in it.

Woodfiredovens, I do not know how to react to you. I have an appreciation for adobe and it's use in ovens, but quite frankly, your behavior here is inexcusable.

I am just another random member, but if I did have any say both of you would be put in time out if not outright banned. This is a commercial website, and as such does not follow the dictates of "free speech". What you say can and should be held against you.

Talk about ovens, not oven builders.

Comment

Not taking sides here but I too agree its gone too far, both take a chill pill and a have a good lie down and sleep it off.
                        Last edited by brickie in oz; 08-27-2013, 11:48 PM.
                        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Lets settle this with a cook off. A pizza, a bread, a steak or roast, desert, a slow cooked stew or pulled barbecue and lastly jerky, dried fruits or vegetables or cookies. Submit photos and testimonials. Fire up the oven boys.

Comment

Sirs,
                            Edited
                            As aways
                            Regards Dave
                            Last edited by cobblerdave; 08-30-2013, 05:23 PM. Reason: Riding
                            Measure twice
                            Cut once
                            Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                            My Door
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Ok lets try this and see what happens, First, looks like mikku removed his first words from this post on page 7, where all my replies were based on. So i now will remove all my replies to mikkus words,Second everyone who has posted there words on this post is a equal period, for example Tscarborough says talk about ovens not oven builders Quote, then he plays Daddy and says both of you would be put in time out if not outrightbanned WTF kind of oven talk is that? hmmmmmmm The only person who should have said anything about our words would be monitor from the forum site. Everyone one else who has said words here is nothing more than a MEDDLER, HYPOCRITE so grow up and shut up
                              Last edited by WoodFireOvens; 08-29-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Mikku

thank you for taking this position. There are plenty of other places on the web where political, military and and religious views can be debated - but not here.

Comment

Working...
                                X