X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas powered brick oven..?

Hello All,
    I am new to this forum.
    I have a gas line that runs to my backyard. I would like to build a gas powered barbecue grill and gas powered oven next to the grill with it.

I share this information in order to request advice, suggestions, etc. And, to see if there is another forum section on "Forno Bravo" where I should post this question instead.

An additional question:
    I've come across a lot of information and design for wood fire ovens. I see that these must have a flue/chimney. However, what about gas powered outdoor brick ovens? Gas burns fairly clean. So, it seems to me that a chimney is not in order. Still, what about the pressure build-up? How is this managed?

I do appreciate anyone's help w/ this.

Re: Gas powered brick oven..?

Jose, I'm wondering the same thing. I have a gas line in my backyard and am wondering if I could use it with a wood-fired oven--if nothing else, to kick-start the wood.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

sorry guys.

we only discuss Wood fired ovens here. The introduction of gas to the build is not allowed to be discussed on the forum. Just a heads up. I will try and find the rules, just dangerous mainly i think is the reason.

Texman
      Texman Kitchen
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Originally posted by texman View Post
        sorry guys.

we only discuss Wood fired ovens here. The introduction of gas to the build is not allowed to be discussed on the forum. Just a heads up. I will try and find the rules, just dangerous mainly i think is the reason.

Texman
        Im sure its just a safety thing not a rule as such.
        A gas oven has to have fail safes in case the flame goes out, if the flame goes out and there are no fail safes the gas will still run and if someone should happen along say after 10 minutes and chucks a match in the oven will turn into a bomb.

Booooooom.......bye bye.......... If ya going to do it please make a vid and put it on Youtube......

At least if wood goes out the re ignition is a slow process and not instant.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Lots of ovens with gas as the heat source, Just have to know what your doing.

Kinda defeats the purpose really...
          The cost of living continues to skyrocket, and yet it remains a popular choice.

Comment

Working...
          X