1inch Firebrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1inch Firebrick

No specific door width formula, only general guidelines. I followed what other builders did, and went with 20" for a 39" pompeii.

Comment

As small as you can but as wide as you need. 18-20" should allow anything to be put into the oven.

Comment

Makes sense. More follow up questions, somewhat unrelated. Could the same split brick design be applied to a neapolitan style pompei? I.e. 1inch firebrick half, 3inch clay brick half, broad face towards the inside of the oven for both dome and soldiers? still end up with 4inch worth of mass, but possibly more pronounced trapezoid cuts on the face? and oven would be less round I suppose?

Comment

Interesting concept. I also wondered if layering splits (like Tscar) would work in a pompeii configuration. Sure, it would require a lot of cuts, but it could be done. The real question is if the mortar would hold up and for how long, especially if its just one layer of splits and a second layer of commons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
            As small as you can but as wide as you need. 18-20" should allow anything to be put into the oven.
            If I go with the barrel design, the below are my proposed dimensions:

Barrel Length: 30inch
            Barrel Width: 26inch
            Barrel Height: 16inch
            Door Width: 16inch
            Door Height: 10inch

Comment

Working...
            X