Cast Refractory dome and grinding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast Refractory dome and grinding?

Hello all. So after the build or my Premio110, it would appear that I used a tad too much sand as a base for my floor/cooking surface. The result is that after the dome was assembled, the dimensions of the opening are not not as high to accomodate the oven door. I did grind the metal on the door back as much as I could yet its still to difficult to get the door in without it getting stuck. A friend who works with concrete suggested I use a diamond cup on my grinder to "Lightly" take down some of the cast refractory surface. because of the black soot on the surface I am able to see where the door scrapes, so I have a good indication of the exact spots it would be good to gently run the grinder over.

My two questions are this:
    1. This all makes sense on paper but is there any issue that anyone sees? Im talking about taking a couple millimeters off, really not much.

2. While I would make sure to vacuum the dust out, just as one would do with ashes, is the dust from the cast refractory material a hazzard if a neglagable residue was still on the cooking surface, even after a thorough sweep and vacuum?

Thanks everyone.

Re: Cast Refractory dome and grinding?

Direct your question to Forno Bravo. If the floor has been cast they will know its composition and will be able to advise you accordingly, but grinding the door more would be my preferred option.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
    X