A couple vent questions - trying to plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple vent questions - trying to plan

My oven is going to be under the edge of a patio roof. If I ran the flue straight up, it would hit the ceiling, so I will have to add some angle pieces to move it back withing my enclosed structure. The pipe will run up directly along side the roof edge. From read the duravent installation manual and old posts it seems that the following are true:

1. The top of the flue should be 2' higher than any roof within 10'
    2. The flue needs to be 2" away from the edge of the roof assuming I'm using double walled

Is this correct? On number 2, I'm guessing that I would use some sort of bracket that would attach the vent to the roof yet hold is 2"+ away?

Also, is there a minimum distance the flue needs to run vertically out of the oven before I add bends to start moving it back? I'm going to be using a casa90.

Should I use double walled the whole way or just for the section adjacent to the roof? If only for the section adjacent to the roof, how close to the roof would I switch from single to double?

Lots of quetions for this newb! Thanks for the help!

I am not an expert on this but I would think you would have the same kind of chimney the whole way. Plus you don't want someone to touch the chimney and get a really bad burn. Also check the local code I believe that I had to be 3' above the roof line. Maby that is just for snow around here. Just a thought.

Randy

Comment

All venting pipe manufacturers make ceiling and wall supports that keep the vent pipe away from combustibles. Each local area has their own code on height relative to distance from a roof line so you need to check the local requirements. Here is a pic of a Selkirk ceiling support but any of the vent suppliers have something similar.
      Russell
      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Thanks guys!

Will I be able to add an angle piece to the vent pipe right where it starts coming out of the oven? I need to get the pipe moving back as quickly as possible from a design standpoint.

edit: so it looks like the piece of pipe that comes with the casa 90 is 24" long. What I would like to do instead is use a short piece, say 6", and then add a 45 degree bend. Any downside to do a piece that short right at the oven?
        Last edited by terdferguson; 01-17-2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X