No announcement yet.

My 36" corner build with Argentine Grill and spit roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimney finished will make a spark arrester later this week.Going to make two doors one with glass one insulated will use 3 mm stainless should cope with heat but it will be heavy.
    Then make lift mechanism for argentine grill ,drip tray, swinging grill, smoke lid,extractor fan.List goes on
    I know once I start playing with the oven nothing else will get finished so I'm under strict orders to finish all building before I play.

Comment

• You've been busy! Looking good

Comment

• Yep accident slowed me right up for last 6 months got glass today made a template going to template stainless sheet and weld up hopefully all will go to plan just gonna wing it!May start curing oven this weekend should not take long dome has been covered entire time and it's over 70 deg under my make shift shelter I'm not expecting much moisture .will insulate next week then render then offer up tiles I'll post pics see wot upon think boss.

Comment

• Yeah, it'll be pretty dry now. At least until you apply the render. It's probably best to insulate before getting much heat in the dome; the insulation reducing the temperature difference, and thus stress, across the bricks and mortar.

Comment

• Oh I thought I'd have to fire up get to max temp for a rew days to drive out any remaining moisture.then insulate and render fire up again then mosaic tile.Meanwhile I've solved the tool storage problem made a 1.5 meter drawer that when closed can be dropped down against the wall allowing leg room for my bench seat also finished my cedar / ply door for storage area under oven drawer works well I've allowed space right at the bottom to slide my wk bench top once I convert it to a coffee / dining table.The idea being that I replace the work bench top with a nice cedar top then adjust the height if I want a coffee table.Simple 4" square legs in sockets will pull out and be stored inside base along with argentine grill .Everything must disappear that was the deal I was allowed oven if grill work bench and tools were stored away.

Comment

• Comment

• Still in a mess it's been mission to fit every thing in the old outdoor fire place restored now on left just got tool cupboard to fit out for chop saw .This is before the boss comes home !The idea is that the fire place will send heat from the left and the oven from the right so we should be able to sit outside spring and autumn .

Comment

• What do you think re mosaic tiles jonv?

Comment

• The tiles look interesting - a bit of Essex bling! Are you thinking of covering the dome with them? My only concern would be uneven joints on the upper courses - you'll get the same inverted V as when building the dome... the tiles are small so you might get away with it.

I was going to cover mine with brick slips but painted the render instead. With the slips I could have cut the sides to fit nicely without much bother. You won't want to be cutting mosaic tiles.

Comment

• The tiles are small mosaics it might work if I conceal the joints at the back really not sure.I
                      should get rest of stainless steel and finish off grill and finally cover expansion gap between granite and oven floor, later this week .
                      want advice re curing should I cure before I insulate or after or in two stages??

Comment

• I would insulate first. Otherwise there is a huge temperature difference across the brick, more stress, and more chance of cracking.

Comment

• Ok boss will do

Comment

• As my oven is suituated under a roof and protected on two sides dome and won't get any rain on it, so is a permanent steam vent necessary?or can you vent while curing oven then seal up outer render then waterproof eg. With glass mosaic tiles any suggestions those with vents in ovens under covered locations do they emit steam??

Comment

• I don't know what your weather conditions are like, but here the porous refractory gets wet from the humidity in the air even if there's no rain.
                              Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

• Going to make steam vent probably out of scrap plumbing fitting in brass .anyone seen steam escaping from their vents?

Comment

Working...
                                X